|Seiyuu||Ozawa Ari ( )||Availability||Event Reward|
|Artist||Shizuma Yoshinori (しずまよしのり)||Implemented on||2014-11-14|
Akizuki Class Destroyer
|Armor||9 (27)||Torpedo||16 (48)|
|Evasion||47 ()||AA||70 (104)|
|10cm Twin High-angle Gun Mount + Anti-Aircraft Fire Director||0|
|61cm Quadruple (Oxygen) Torpedo Mount||0|
|25mm Twin Autocannon Mount||0|
|- Locked -||-|
Akizuki Class Destroyer
|Armor||16 (53)||Torpedo||24 (54)|
|Evasion||( )||AA||80 (116)|
|10cm Twin High-angle Gun Mount + Anti-Aircraft Fire Director||0|
|Type 13 Air Radar Kai||0|
|25mm Triple Autocannon Mount||0|
|- Locked -||-|
|Introduction||秋月型防空駆逐艦、一番艦、秋月。ここに推参致しました。お任せください！||Akizuki-class anti-air destroyer, first ship, Akizuki. I'm reporting in here. Please leave it to me!|
|Designed for the fleet's anti-air, Type-B first class destroyer, Akizuki-class 1st destroyer, Akizuki.|
As an anti-air ship equipped with 4x 8-barrel Long 10cm guns and anti-aircraft fire director, along with Hatsuzuki and the others, we formed the 61st DesDiv.
I'll do my best!
|Secretary 1||秋月、推参します！||Akizuki, reporting in!|
|Secretary 2||この秋月の長10cm砲と高射装置。この力で、艦隊をきっとお守りします！||My long 10cm guns and anti-aircraft fire director. With this power, I'll definitely protect the fleet!|
|Kai||増設された高射装置と長10cm砲。秋月の本当の力…これで、艦隊をお守りします！||The added anti-aircraft fire director and long 10cm guns. Akizuki's real power... with this, I'll protect the fleet!|
|Secretary 3||長10cm砲ちゃん、あんまり暴れないでぇ！ あら、あらら？ 提…督？ ああっ、失礼致しました！||Choujuusenchihou-chan, don't struggle! Eh, huh? Ad...miral? Ahh! Please excuse me!|
|Idle||長10cmよし、高射装置よし、酸素魚雷、よし…よし！ 万全ね、大丈夫！ えっと、あとは…||Long 10cm, check! Anti-aircraft fire director, check! Oxygen torpedoes, check... alright! Everything's perfect! Umm, next is...|
|Secretary Married||司令、いつもお疲れ様です。この秋月が、艦隊と司令をお護りします。だ、大丈夫！||Commander, thanks as always. This Akizuki will protect the fleet, and you. Yeah, it's alright!|
|Wedding||司令、秋月をお呼びでしょうか？ あの、対空戦に不備が？ そうではなくって？ では、翔鶴さんになにか？ でもなくって？ …ほぁ、もしかして、これ…あ、ありがとうございます！||Commander, did you call me? Um, was my anti-air inadequate? That's not it? Then does it have to do with Shoukaku-san? Not that either? ...Howaa~, could this be... T-thank you very much!|
|Looking At Scores||そうですね。艦隊の今を知ることは、大事です！||That's true. It's important to know what the fleet knows!|
|Joining A Fleet||防空駆逐艦、秋月。出撃致します！||Anti-air destroyer, Akizuki. Prepared to sortie.|
|Equipment 1||ありがとうございます！よい装備…||Thank you! It's good equipment...|
|Equipment 2||これなら敵機動部隊にも負けません！||With this, I won't lose to the enemy task force!|
|Equipment 3||やらせません！||I won't let them!|
|⇧ shared with expedition selection, resource collection, instant repair and development|
|Supply||補給、ありがとうございます！||Thank you for the supplies!|
|Kai||大切な補給物資、ありがとうございます！||Thank you for the important supply materials!|
|Docking Minor||す、少しだけ、お休みを…||J-just for a bit, I'll take a break...|
|Docking Major||高射装置も、しっかり装備しなくちゃ…||My anti-air fire director too, I need to firmly attach it...|
|Docking Complete||修理中の艦が、ドックを出るみたい。||It seems that the under repairing ship leaves dock.|
|Construction||新造艦が生まれたみたいですね！||It seems like a new ship was born!|
|Returning From Sortie||艦隊が無事帰投しました。皆さん、お疲れです！||The fleet has safely returned. Everyone, good work!|
|Starting A Sortie||第61駆逐隊、直ちに抜錨。出撃です！||61st DesDiv, setting sail immediately. Setting off!|
|Battle Start||さあ、始めましょう。撃ち方、始め！||Now, shall we begin? Begin firing!|
|Attack||この秋月が健在な限り、やらせはしません！||While this Akizuki still has strength, I won't let you!|
|⇧ shared with day/night special attacks, support expedition team arrival|
|Night Battle||秋月の夜戦、お見せしましょうか。||Akizuki's night battle, shall I show it to you?|
|Night Attack||弾幕が薄い…ような気がします。弾幕です！||I feel like... the barrage is light. Barrage!|
|MVP||秋月、艦隊をお守りしました。大丈夫、次もきっと、大丈夫です！||Akizuki protected the fleet. It's alright, next time, too, will be alright!|
|Minor Damage 1||くっ！まだ行けます！||Kugh! I can still go on!|
|Minor Damage 2||魚雷の誘爆を防いで！ 大丈夫！||Don't let it detonate the torpedoes! It's alright !|
|Major Damage||まだ…まだ、沈みません！艦隊の防空を…私はっ！||Not yet... I won't sink yet! The fleet's anti-air... I will-!|
|Kai||被弾！？ 魚雷を全て放棄して、誘爆を防いで！ まだ……まだ大丈夫！||Hit!? Abandon all torpedoes, prevent detonation!... not yet... I can keep going!|
|Sunk||翔鶴さんも…大鳳さんも…健在？ ふぅ…、大丈夫…艦隊は…だいじょう…ぶ…||Shoukaku-san... Taihou-san... are you well? Ugh..., alright... the fleet is... alri... ght...|
Hourly Notifications (Kai)Edit
|00:00||司令、この秋月が、時刻を報告します。現在時刻、マルマルマルマル、です！||Commander, Akizuki will report the time. The current time is 0000!|
|01:00||マルヒトマルマルをご報告します。こんな形でよろしいでしょうか、司令？||The 0100 report. Is this the right way, Commander?|
|02:00||マルフタマルマルです。今夜は月が…月が綺麗ですね、司令。ん、司令？||0200. The moon tonight... the moon sure is beautiful, commander. Eh, commander?||A reference to an anecdotal incident where Meiji era writer Natsume Sōseki, during his time as an English teacher, suggested to his students that the English phrase "I love you" be translated as "The moon is beautiful" (月が綺麗ですね).|
|03:00||マルサンマルマルです、司令。この時間はとても静かですね。本当に静かです…||0300, Commander. It's very quiet at this time. It's really quiet...|
|04:00||マルヨンマルマルです。司令、眠くはありませんか？ 濃い目のお茶、入れましょう。||0400. Commander, are you not tired? Let's have some strong tea.|
|05:00||マルゴーマルマルとなりました、司令。はい。秋月、総員起こしの準備、了解です！||It is now 0500. Commander. Yes. Akizuki, prepared to wake everyone, roger!|
|06:00||マルロクマルマルです。おはようございます、司令。はい、気持ちのよい朝ですね♪||0600. Good morning, Commander. Yes, it is a nice morning♪|
|07:00||マルナナマルマルです。司令、朝食の御用意、こちらです。簡単で…すみません||0700. Commander, I'm preparing breakfast over here. I'm sorry that it's... simple.|
|08:00||マルハチマルマル。第六一駆逐隊、出撃準備、完了です。いつでも抜錨、出来ます！||0800. 61st DesDiv, sortie preparations complete. We can set sail at any time!|
|09:00||マルキュウマルマルです。護衛する主力艦は戦艦？ 空母ですか？ お任せください♪||0900. The capital ship of the escort is a battleship? Carrier? Leave it to me!|
|10:00||ヒトマルマルマルをご報告します。司令、演習もしっかりこなしていきたいですね||It's the 1000 report. Commander, I wish to properly complete the exercises as well.|
|11:00||ヒトヒトマルマルです。司令、お昼はどうなさいますか？ 秋月がご用意しましょうか？||1100. Commander, what will you have for lunch? Shall I prepare it for you?|
|12:00||ヒトフタマルマルです。司令、握り飯と沢庵のお昼です。あ…簡単で、すいません…||1200. Commander, lunch is rice balls and pickled radish. Ah, sorry that it's simple...||*Food was in short supply towards the end of the war and even the comparatively extravagant IJN had to cut down as much as they could afford on rations, hence the simple meal.|
|13:00||ヒトサンマルマルとなりました。司令、すみません。夕食は豪華に頑張りますから！||It is now 1300. Commander, I apologize. I'll try my best to prepare a wonderful dinner!|
|14:00||ヒトヨンマルマルです。初月、元気かなぁ…あ、司令。午後も頑張りましょう！||1400. I wonder how Hatsuzuki is... Ah, Commander. Let's do our best in the afternoon too!|
|15:00||ヒトゴーマルマルです。あ、はい。明石さんにもとってもお世話になりました。||1500. Ah, yes. I've been in the care of Akashi-san.|
|16:00||ヒトロクマルマルです。はい、後部にも高射装置を付けましたから、もう万全です！||1600. Yes, I've attached an anti-air fire director on the stern as well. It's perfect!|
|17:00||ヒトナナマルマルをご報告します。日が落ちますから、対空警戒もここまでですね。||It's the 1700 report. The sun is setting, so the anti-aircraft watch is ending.|
|18:00||ヒトハチマルマルとなりました。はい、夕食の準備、秋月、豪華に頑張ります！||It is now 1800. Yes, Akizuki will do her best to prepare a wonderful dinner!|
|19:00||ヒトキュウマルマルです！ 熱々の麦飯、沢庵、そして牛缶に、お味噌汁も♪ どう？||1900! Piping hot barley and rice, pickled radish, also canned beef, and miso soup♪ How is it?||*Although more along the lines of an ordinary meal today, this would be considered extravagant due to low food supply. See 12:00 note|
|20:00||フタマルマルマル。はい、秋月、今日はすこし奮発してしまいました。どうでした？||2000. Yes, today, I pushed myself a bit extra. How was I?|
|21:00||フタヒトマルマルです。え、涼月ですか？ はい、自慢の妹ですよ。ええ！||2100. Eh, Suzutsuki? Yes, she's a little sister I'm proud of. Ei!|
|22:00||フタフタマルマル。あ、翔鶴さん、瑞鶴さん。お疲れ様です。はい、大丈夫です！||2200. Ah, Shoukaku-san, Zuikaku-san. Good work. Yes, I'm alright!|
|23:00||フタサンマルマル。少し、緊張しました。はぁ…司令、本日も大変お疲れ様でした。||2300. I was a bit nervous. Haa... Commander, very good work today.|
- Akizuki appears somewhat older than most of the other destroyers, having a significantly larger displacement compared to the earlier models. Her serafuku includes an armored "corset" and neck-guard designed to evoke the image of the ship's bow, but is otherwise white-and-gray with a yellow neckerchief. She has mid-length black hair in a ponytail with a slight ahoge sticking up from her hachimaki (which has "61st Destroyer Division" written on it), and blue eyes.
- Her combat gear includes a large torpedo launcher strapped to her back with a fire director as a hair ornament on her head used to tie her hair into the ponytail, and a split bow (similar to how Nagato carries her turrets) with two Rensouhou-like familiars, Chou-10cm-hou-chan. She also carries four spare 10cm barrels in a thigh strap holster on her right leg, referencing the 10cm Type 98 gun's short barrel life requiring frequent barrel replacement.
- Akizuki's hourly lines reflect how, owing to being a later-war destroyer, her crew typically had to suffer through having a shortage of rations, where meat was rarely served. As a result, there are often jokes of her being in awe of being served even ordinary food, and having her mind blown by something luxurious.
- She has been nicknamed "ducky" due to alternate Japanese romanization rendering her name as Akiduki. Together, Akizuki and her sisters Teruzuki and Hatsuzuki are sometimes referred to as "the duckies".
- Fall 2014 Event E-2 Clear Reward.
- Akizuki-class ships have the following exclusive AACI types:
- Type 1: Two High Angle mounts () + RADAR (): +7 fixed bonus per slot. This is the second strongest AACI in the game.
- Type 2: High Angle mount () + RADAR (): +6 bonus. The third strongest AACI, it can be used together with Night Battle equipment, such as Searchlight.
- Type 3: Two High Angle mounts (): +4 bonus.
- All those types, however, have the lowest priority.
- When there are multiple ships with AACI in your fleet, for each of those ships the game checks whether it triggers AACI until one of them does. However, the order in which they are checked depends on the AACI type (i.e., priority = type). Akizuki-class exclusive AACI (of any type) has the lowest priority, so for it to even have a chance to trigger, all other ships' AACI have to fail. Therefore, having another AACI ship in your fleet can be counter productive if its AACI is weaker (e.g. non-Akizuki-class Destroyer (DD)), as it will lower the chance of Akizuki-class Destroyer (DD)'s stronger AACI from happening. The only ship that has stronger AACI is Maya Kai Ni(+8 bonus), she or another Akizuki-class Destroyer (DD) can be freely used as a second AACI ship in the fleet (another option is a battleship (BB) exclusive +6 bonus setup).
- When there are multiple ships with AACI in your fleet, for each of those ships the game checks whether it triggers AACI until one of them does. However, the order in which they are checked depends on the AACI type (i.e., priority = type). Akizuki-class exclusive AACI (of any type) has the lowest priority, so for it to even have a chance to trigger, all other ships' AACI have to fail. Therefore, having another AACI ship in your fleet can be counter productive if its AACI is weaker (e.g. non-Akizuki-class Destroyer (DD)), as it will lower the chance of Akizuki-class Destroyer (DD)'s stronger AACI from happening. The only ship that has stronger AACI is Maya Kai Ni
- The AACI trigger rate depends on ship's AA ())value, that is, in theory, Akizuki Kai(116 AA ) will perform AACI more often than Teruzuki Kai(114 AA ), while Teruzuki Kaiwill perform it more often than Hatsuzuki Kai(110 AA ). However, the difference is thought to be small (one up to few %).
- Akizuki-class exclusive AACI are the only AACI types that can use both Surface and Air RADAR () (Air RADAR () are preferred due to their additional AA () value). Non-Akizuki-class Destroyer (DD) can use 10cm Twin High-angle Gun Mount + Anti-Aircraft Fire Director and a Surface RADAR () without risking to override Akizuki-class AACI.
- Her name means "Autumn moon".
- Constructed at Maizuru Naval Arsenal. Commissioned on 11 June 1942.
- She refers to her turrets as Choujuusenchihou-chan (長10cm砲ちゃん). With Shimakaze, Amatsukaze, Teruzuki, and Hatsuzuki, she is one of 5 destroyers with "animated turrets".
- Head headband words means "61st Destroyer Division" (partially seen 駆一十六第 on CG art).
- Like Z1, Z3, Amatsukaze, Teruzuki , and Hatsuzuki, she has 3 slots from the beginning. Other DDs have only 2 slots before remodeling.
- Food was in short supply towards the end of the war and meals were simplified, hence Akizuki's rather simple lunch and dinner options (her "wonderful dinner" is more common lunch now then it was back then).
- She was sunk on 25 October during the battle of Cape Engano. Although it's often stated she was sunk by aircraft from Task Force 38, some sources claim she was actually torpedoed by submarine USS Halibut.
- The particular shape of her damaged bow as seen in her 中破 artwork is based on the repairs she received when was docked in Nagasaki in July 1943. They used the bow of her sister ship "Shimotsuki", who was still under construction at that time, and merged it with Akizuki.
- Akizuki's name has been passed down twice as the name ship of their particular class of destroyers: the DD-161 Akizuki in 1960, and the DD-115 Akizuki in 2010. Coincidentally, both ships are the lead ships of Akizuki-class destroyers.
- The extra barrels that Akizuki carries on her right leg are replacement barrels for the 10cm Twin High-angle Gun Mount as they have a relatively short barrel life due to the high velocity rounds being used.
Comment by IllustratorEdit
|Akizuki Class Destroyers|
|Akizuki · Teruzuki · Hatsuzuki|
|Niizuki · Wakatsuki · Shimotsuki|