|Seiyuu||Ogura Yui ( )||Availability||Drop|
|Artist||Shizuma Yoshinori (しずまよしのり)||Implementation||2014/04/23|
Kagerou Class Destroyer
|Armor||7 (25)||Torpedo||28 (79)|
|Evasion||48 ()||AA||22 (53)|
|12.7cm Twin Gun Mount||0|
|61cm Quadruple Torpedo Mount||0|
|Enhanced Kanhon Type Boiler||0|
|- Locked -||-|
Kagerou Class Destroyer
|Armor||14 (61)||Torpedo||32 (84)|
|Evasion||( )||AA||23 (63)|
|61cm Quadruple (Oxygen) Torpedo Mount||0|
|Type 3 Active Sonar||0|
|New Model High Temperature High Pressure Boiler||0|
|- Locked -||-|
|Is a nice breeze coming?
It's time for me, the next generation destroyer prototype, Amatsukaze, to debut.
|The wordplay here references how Amatsukaze is the template for the then-future Shimakaze.|
|I'm Amatsukaze, the Ninth Kagerou-class Destroyer.|
I was tasked with being the test bed of a new type of high-temperature, high pressure boiler meant for the next generation of destroyer.
With the data in tow, I was able to hand this over to Shimakaze.
I was in many tight spots, but I have been able to constantly overcome them. It was really tough!
|The boiler was a prototype design made for Amatsukaze specifically. She underwent many extreme testing scenarios, which passed with flying colors, and was later implemented into Shimakaze.|
|Secretary 1||いい風ね。||There's a nice breeze.|
|Secretary 2||どういう風の吹き回しかしら。||I wonder what kind of wind is blowing.|
|Secretary 3||やだ、髪は触んないでよ。吹き流しが取れちゃうでしょ。||Stop it, don't touch my hair. You'll mess up the windsock.|
|Idle||えっ？あたし、退屈なんかしてないわ。新型缶のデータを取ったり、色々と大変なんだから。ほ、ほんとよ！||Eh? It's not like I'm bored or anything. I have a lot to do after getting the data for the new boiler. I-I'm not lying!|
|Secretary Married||あなた…時々は休むのよ、それも大切なんだから...んも聴いてる？も...||You...you should take a break from time to time, they are important too...are you even listening? Honestly...|
|Wedding||あなた、なにそれ？え？私に？ えっと…貰ってあげてもいいけど… あなた…ホントに私でいいの？ ｱﾘｶﾞﾄｳお礼を言うわね。||You, what is this exactly? Eh? For me? Ummm...I'll take it I guess... You... you're really fine with it being me? Thank you.|
|Looking At Scores||どんなふうなの？…ふぅ～ん。まぁまぁね。||So how are you doing? ...Hmmmmmm. Not bad I suppose.|
|Joining A Fleet||第十六駆逐隊、天津風。抜錨よ！||Amatsukaze from Desdiv16. Set sail!|
|Equipment 1||あら…いいじゃない||My...Isn't that fine?|
|Equipment 2||あたしの連装砲くんの方が、可愛いに決まってるでしょ？||My Rensouhou-kun is cuter, right?||Probably comparing her Rensouhou with Shimakaze's|
|Equipment 3||いい風…||A nice wind...|
|⇧ shared with expedition selection, resource collection, instant repair and development|
|Supply||ありがとう、いただくわ||Thank you, I'll accept this.|
|Docking Minor||はぁ～疲れた。帰っていい？||Haa, I'm tired. May I head back?|
|Docking Major||お風呂よ、お風呂！汗臭いのはいや！||Bathtime, bathtime I say! I don't want to smell all sweaty.|
|Docking Complete||修理が終わったって。仮改修？なにそれ…||The repair is complete. An improvised repair, what's that?|
|Construction||新しい子が来たみたいね。いいけど。||A new girl has arrived. ...Not that I mind.|
|Returning From Sortie||艦隊帰投ね、お疲れ様||The fleet has returned. Thanks for the good work.|
|Starting A Sortie||二水戦所属は伊達じゃないわ。雪風、ついてらっしゃいな！||The 2nd Torpedo Squadron isn't just for show. Come along now, Yukikaze!|
|Battle Start||いい風ね…。撃ち方、始めて！||This is a good wind...Commencing attack!|
|Attack||逃がさないわ！||I won't let you escape!|
|⇧ shared with day/night special attacks, support expedition team arrival|
|Night Battle||逃がさないって言ったでしょ？||Didn't I said that I won't let you escape?|
|Night Attack||大丈夫…いい風が吹いているもの！||It's all right...a good wind is blowing!|
|MVP||あたし…天津風が功労艦なの？あら、いいじゃない！時津風、どーお？||I'm...Amatsukaze is the distinguished ship? M-my, isn't it fine? How's this, Tokitsukaze?|
|Minor Damage 1||ひゃ!||Hya!|
|Minor Damage 2||や、やったわね…||No-now you've done it...!|
|Major Damage||ああっ、艦首と第一砲塔が！ でも、まだこんなんじゃ沈まないんだから！||Ahh, the bow and the first cannon's been hit! Even so, I won't sink!|
|Sunk||今度は海に沈むのね...冷たくて...暗いわ||I finally sank into the sea this time... It's so cold... and dark...|
Hourly Notifications (Kai)Edit
|00:00||深夜0時。日付が変わったわ||0000 It's a new day.|
|01:00||マルヒトマルマル。ふわぁ…あたし少し眠いわ。あなたはまだ休まないの？||0100 yawn~ I'm a little sleepy now. Are you not going to sleep yet?|
|02:00||マルフタマルマル。初風はもう寝たかしら？雪風は寝てるわね、うん||0200 I wonder, has Hatsukaze slept yet? Yukikaze is already sleeping, huh... yup.||In the official manga DesDiv16 are roommates.|
|03:00||マルサンマルマル。あなた…今日まさか徹夜するつもり？付き合わないわよ||0300 No way... You're gonna stay up all night today? I'm not staying up with you.|
|04:00||マルヨンマルマル。付き合わないって言ったのに…強情ね…もう朝だし||0400 Geez... I said I'm not staying up with you... You're stubborn... It's already morning.|
|05:00||マルゴーマルマル。見なさい。もう朝よ。もう！あぁ…もう…！||0500 Look!...It's already morning... Aahh...geez!|
|06:00||マルロクマルマル。でも、朝の風って気持ちいい…。ね、あなたもそう思う？||0600 But still...the morning breeze feels good. Hey, do you agree?|
|07:00||マルナナマルマル。…風が気持ちいいわね。ねぇ、少し沖に出てみる？||0700 ...The wind feels good, right? Heey~ wanna spend some time off the coast?|
|08:00||マルハチマルマル。…はい、朝食は用意しておいたわ。和朝食でいいわよね？||0800 Ok, your breakfast is ready. You are fine with Japanese breakfast right?|
|09:00||マルキューマルマル。そろそろ艦隊を本格的に動かす時間よね。どうするの？||0900 It's time for full scale fleet action soon. What's your plan?|
|10:00||ヒトマルマルマル。島風！？ …うん、そうね。と、友達だけど。…え、何？その顔？||1000 Shimakaze!?... erm... that's right... we are just fr... friends...wha.. What's with that face?|
|11:00||ヒトヒトマルマル。なに？連装砲くん？可愛いでしょ、艦首にちょこんと||1100 What is it? Rensouhou-kun? Cute right? He looks small and quiet at the bow.|
|12:00||ヒトフタマルマル。お昼はカレーでいいかしら？わりと得意なのよ？ほんとよ？||1200 I wonder if the curry is fine as your lunch? It's my speciality! really!|
|13:00||ヒトサンマルマル。あたしのカレーどうだった？うぅん？よろしい！||1300 How was my curry? hmm? Glad to hear that!|
|14:00||ヒトヨンマルマル。島風とどっちが速いかって？そう言われても競争したことないからわからないわ||1400 Shimakaze and me, who is faster? I wouldn't know even if you asked... because I've never competed with her before.|
|15:00||ヒトゴーマルマル。あたしはプロトタイプなんだから。いろいろとあたしで試験したの。速さが問題じゃないのよ||1500 Speed is not a problem. I was tested a lot because I'm a prototype.|
|16:00||ヒトロクマルマル。おかしいなぁ、連装砲くんの機嫌が悪い…なんで？||1600 Weird...why is rensouhou-kun in a bad mood?|
|17:00||ヒトナナマルマル。夕方の風もいいわね。…ここで、一緒に夕陽見る？||1700 The evening breeze feels good too... wanna view the sunset here, together?|
|18:00||ヒトハチマルマル。そろそろ夕食の時間ね。魚焼く感じでいい？||1800 It's time for dinner soon. Are you fine with grilled fish?|
|19:00||ヒトキューマルマル。…はい、お夕食です。…どう、おいしい？…そう、よかった！||1900 ...Ok, here's your dinner... How was it? Was it good?... I see... I'm glad~!|
|20:00||フタマルマルマル。あら、島風元気？えっ、なに？競争！？しないわよ！夜だし…||2000 Oh... Shimakaze, how are you? ehh? ...What? A race!? I'm not gonna do it! It's night...|
|21:00||フタヒトマルマル。…だから競争なんかしないって！島風しつこーい！||2100 I just said I don't want to race! You're so persistent, Shimakaze!|
|22:00||フタフタマルマル。や、やっと帰ったわね。もう…なんなんだか！||2200 S-She finally left... Geez... What's wrong with her!|
|23:00||フタサンマルマル。そろそろ今日も終わりね。一日ご苦労様、また明日ね||2300 The day is ending soon. Good job, see you tomorrow.|
Seasonal Quotes Edit
- Amatsukaze, upon remodeling, gains a small smile on her CG art. Her "hairpin" (chimney) also gains a heart-shaped smoke cloud. Players in the community have suggested that this might be a sign of her warming up to the admiral (Amatsukaze was historically (mistakenly) abandoned for some time).
- She is a template tsundere. From her dialogue it can be inferred that she cares about Shimakaze as more than a friend. This relationship is likely derived from her historical role as the prototype for Shimakaze.
- She shares a captain (Tameichi Hara) with both Shigure and Yahagi. Captain Hara was the only IJN Destroyer Captain from the start of the war to survive to the very end.
- Survived a torpedo attack from the USS Redfin which blew off her bow after setting off her forward magazine and killed 80 of her crew; the rest of her crew abandoned her under the assumption she was too heavily damaged. She was found still afloat six days later by a Japanese patrol plane and was towed back to Singapore to be fitted with a temporary bow.
- Her name means "heavenly wind".
- It was first carried by the second Destroyer of the Isokaze class in 1917.
- Sunk in action by the USAAF, April 6, 1945 near Amoy (now Xiamen), China (24°30′N 118°10′E).
- Scuttled April 10, 1945.
- Her last captain Tomoyuki Morita (He was 25 years old at the time, the youngest destroyer captain in the Imperial Japanese Navy) wanted to return her to Japan. However, it was not possible to save her because of the grounding and enemy attacks. 20 years later, the Maritime Self Defense Force's first guided missile destroyer JDS Amatsukaze (DDG-163) was commissioned and was attached to 1st Escort Flotilla at Yokosuka. In 1971, a new commander was assigned to the Flotilla: Rear Admiral Tomoyuki Morita. Finally they were able to meet again in Japan.
- In 2012, the wreckage of Amatsukaze was found by a Chinese engineering ship. About 30 tons of the wreckage was salvaged, cut into pieces and sold as scrap metal before the intervention of local relics administration departments.
- Along with Shimakaze, Teruzuki, Akizuki, Hatsuzuki and Suzutsuki, she is one of 6 Destroyers with "sentient turrets".
- Although there are no relationship between the two, her name share the same Kanji characters "天津“ with Tianjin city in China. So her name literally in Chinese means "Tianjin wind"
|Kagerou Class Destroyers|
|Kagerou · Shiranui · Kuroshio · Oyashio · Hatsukaze · Yukikaze · Amatsukaze · Tokitsukaze · Urakaze · Isokaze · Hamakaze · Tanikaze · Nowaki · Arashi · Hagikaze · Maikaze · Akigumo|
|Hayashio · Natsushio|