Elsewhere, destroyer classes for the day have been ineffectual with Kisaragi's loss. Everyone is treading delicately around Mutsuki, whom is the only one acting normal. However, Shimakaze & Fubuki have been summoned for another mission.
Upon learning they've been temporarily assigned with Kongou's fleet, Fubuki begins another idolization session. Unfortunately, the ideal shatters as Kongou charges in & proceeds to be herself, along with the rest of the Kongou class.
The next day, before the mission can begin, a hunt for Shimakaze has to be undertaken as she's quite free-spirited. The first attempt is music, the second attempt is sweetness, & the third attempt is baiting, but the method that draws her is food.
The mission is finally underway & the battleships duke it out while the destroyers skirmish. However, a Ru-Class targets Fubuki, yet before one of the shells hit, Kongou begs to differ. The others buy time for Kongou to console Fubuki's heart & dispel the squall. Kongou & Shimakaze wrap things up.
Mutsuki, whom has been taking Kisaragi's loss poorly, is finally able to grieve with Fubuki utilizing what Kongou has shown her - a hug.
- Destroyers: Mutsuki, Yayoi, Mochizuki, Fubuki, Akatsuki, Hibiki, Ikazuchi, Inazuma, Shiratsuyu, Shigure, Yuudachi, Asashio, Ooshio, Michishio, Kagerou, Shiranui, Shimakaze
- Light Cruisers: Kuma, Tama, Kitakami, Ooi, Naka, Yuubari, Ooyodo
- Heavy Cruisers: Myoukou, Nachi, Ashigara, Haguro, Takao, Atago, Mogami, Mikuma, Tone, Chikuma
- Light Carriers: Houshou
- Battleships: Kongou, Hiei, Haruna, Kirishima, Nagato, Mutsu
- Destroyers: Destroyer I-Class, Destroyer Ro-Class, Destroyer Ha-Class
- Battleships: Battleship Ru-Class
- Southwestern Theater Fleet: Kongou (flagship), Hiei, Haruna, Kirishima, Fubuki, Shimakaze
- Fleet One: 2 Ru-Class (leadships), 1 Destroyer I-Class, 2 Destroyer Ro-Class, 1 Destroyer Ha-Class
Was there ever any doubt?
- Fubuki of the Southwestern Theater Fleet
- All of Fleet One
Off-duty kanmusu can be quite different from their on-duty selves
A kanmusu's mental state affects buoyancy
Abyssal shells are shown as cracked spheres
These Abyssals are quite passive - no evasive maneuvers during the torpedo attacks, & blandly tanking shots
1 Wailing session
Countless scenes worth clipping
|With a few, but not limited to|
|* A BB-class facepalm is unable to stop Shimakaze|
It's rammed in that Mutsuki doesn't take Kisaragi's loss well
Crunchyroll translates Bukki as Bucky
- by ToastSoul
Opening & EndingEdit