|Seiyuu||Uchida Shuu ( )||Availability|
|Artist||Konishi (コニシ)||Implemented on||??|
Ark Royal Class Standard Carrier
|Evasion||32 ()||AA||30 (72)|
|- Unequipped -||12|
|- Unequipped -||12|
Ark Royal Kai
Ark Royal Class Standard Carrier
|Evasion||?? (68)||AA||36 (82)|
|QF 2-pounder Octuple Pom-pom Gun Mount||12|
|- Unequipped -||12|
|Introduction||私は、Her Majesty's Ship Ark Royal。Admiral…貴方が……。……よろしく。||I'm Her Majesty's ship, Ark Royal. Are you the Admiral? ...I'll be in your care.|
|Kai||Her Majesty's そして Your Ship Ark Royal。出撃準備は整っている。Admiral、今日もよろしく。||Her Majesty's and your ship, Ark Royal. Preparations to sortie are complete. Admiral, let's do our best again today.|
|Library||Her Majesty's Ship Ark Royal。本格的な艦隊型航空母艦として就役し、大西洋や地中海まで数々の作戦に参加した。あの戦艦Bismarck追撃戦では、この必殺のSwordfishを放ったな。U-boatか……あれは危険だ。水面下の敵には気をつける。||Her Majesty's ship, Ark Royal. I was commissioned as a full fleet carrier.
I participated in many operations in the Atlantic and Mediterranean. It was these deadly Swordfish that ended the pursuit of that battleship Bismarck. U-boats? They're dangerous. You need to be careful of underwater enemies.
|Ark Royal was sunk by a U-boat in 1941.|
|Secretary 1||Her Majesty's ship, Ark Royal. ここに。||Her Majesty's ship, Ark Royal, is here.|
|Secretary 2||Are you alright?||Are you alright?|
|Secretary 3||Not so bad.でも、Admiral、少し躾がいるみたいね。そこに座って。そう。Swordfish、発艦始め！||That's not so bad. But you need a little discipline, Admiral. Go sit over there. Right there. Swordfish, begin takeoff!|
|Idle||ああ、そうだ！旧式かどうかは問題ではない。敵の戦闘機さえいなければ、我がSwordfishは十分な働きを示すだろう。性能ではないのだ、戦場と戦い方だ。Admiral?・・・あ、聞いてないか？||Ah, that's right! It's not a problem if they're outdated. If there are no enemy fighters, my Swordfish are good enough for the job. It's not performance that matters, but the results on the battlefield. Admiral? ...Ah, he's not listening huh?|
|Secretary Married||Admiral、疲れているのか？私が紅茶を入れよう。待っていて。薫り高いEarl Greyにしよう。ほら、休んでいて。持っていくから、待ってて。||Are you tired, Admiral? I'll go get some black tea. Wait a moment. I'll get some very fragrant Earl Grey. Go on, get some rest. I'll bring it over so please wait.|
|Wedding||Admiral、どうした？頬が少し上気しているようだ。体温も高い。風邪か？休むといい。・・・あ、これを、私に？わかった、後で開けよう。まずはしっかり体を休めることだ。さぁ。||What's wrong, Admiral? Your cheeks are a bit flushed. You're running a temperature too. Do you have a cold? You best get some rest. ...Ah, this is for me? Understood, I'll open it later. First, you need to get lots of rest. Go on.|
|Looking At Scores||Information? I see. これね？||Information? I see. You mean this?|
|Joining A Fleet||Her Majesty's ship, Ark Royal、抜錨！||Her Majesty's ship, Ark Royal, setting sail!|
|Equipment 1||Your kindness is much appreciated.||Your kindness is much appreciated.|
|Equipment 2||Japanese navy airplane? ほぉ、なるほど。||Japanese navy airplane? Hmmm, I see.|
|Equipment 3||There is no one here.||There is no one here.|
|⇧ shared with expedition selection, resource collection, instant repair and development|
|Supply||Thank you very much indeed. よし。||Thank you very much indeed. Alright.|
|Docking Minor||I will have a shower, sorry.||I will have a shower, sorry.|
|Docking Major||Sorry, Admiral。少し時間はかかる。Shambles today.||Sorry, Admiral. This will take some time. I'm in shambles today.|
|Construction||新しい船・・・か。どれ。||A new ship... huh. Let me have a look.|
|Returning From Sortie||Operation has been completed.||Operation has been completed.|
|Starting A Sortie||私が出る。Force H, Ark Royal、出撃！||I'm heading out. Force H, Ark Royal, sortie!|
|Kai||私が出る。Force H, 機動部隊旗艦 Ark Royal、出撃する！||I'm heading out. Force H, task force flagship Ark Royal, sorting!|
|Battle Start||Ark Royal攻撃隊、発艦始めなさい！||Ark Royal attack corps, begin takeoff!|
|Kai||見つけたぞ！逃さん！Ark Royal攻撃隊、発艦始め！||Found them! You won't get away! Ark Royal attack corps, begin takeoff!|
|⇧ shared with day/night special attacks, support expedition team arrival|
|Night Battle||夜・・・やってみるか。||Night... I'll give it a shot.|
|MVP||私が？・・・そう、頂いておこう。この栄誉我が女王陛下に。||Me? ...I see, I accept. In honour of Her Majesty the Queen.|
|Kai||私が？・・・そう、頂いておく。この栄誉を女王陛下と貴方に。||Me? ...I see, I accept. In honour of Her Majesty the Queen and you.|
|Minor Damage 1||はぅ！||Hah!|
|Minor Damage 2||はぅぐ！この！||Hurgh! You!|
|Major Damage||What? Torpedo? ...U-boat? 私はもう、沈まない！||What? A torpedo? ...A U-boat? I won't sink again!||Ark Royal was sunk by a U-boat in 1941.|
|Sunk||そう・・・また、沈むというの・・・それも・・・仕方ないか・・・Admiral... Bye...||I see... I'm sinking again... I guess... that's just how it goes... Admiral... Bye...|
Hourly Notifications (Kai)Edit
|00:00||Admiral. そうだ、今日は私が担当しよう。ん、なんだ？まさか、不服なのか？||Admiral. That's right, I'll be in charge today. Hmm, what is it? It can't be that you're not happy with that?|
|01:00||It’s 1. なに？||It’s 1. What?|
|02:00||It’s 2. What?まさか、なにか不服があるのか？||It's 2. What? You couldn't be unhappy about something?|
|03:00||It’s 3. そうか、ならいいんだ。Sorry。疑って悪かった、Admiral。そうか・・・||It's 3. I see, that's fine then. Sorry. I'm sorry I doubted you, Admiral. So that was it...|
|04:00||It's 4. もうすぐ朝か。紅茶を入れよう。Darjeelingでいいか？よし。||It's 4. Almost morning huh. I'll get some black tea. Are you fine with Darjeeling? Alright.|
|05:00||おはよう、Admiral. It's 5. 朝は好きではないが、ここの朝は、いいな！||Good morning, Admiral. It's 5. I don't really like mornings but, the mornings here are nice!|
|06:00||It's 6. Good morning. ・・・艦隊、ソウインオコシ！よし、覚えたぞ。||It's 6. Good morning. ...Fleet, all hands assemble! Alright, I remember now.|
|07:00||It's 7. Breakfastはtoastにmushrooom, tomatoとbaked beans, hashed brownにblack puddingと・・・卵はどうしたい？||It's 7. Breakfast is toast with mushrooms, tomato and baked beans, hashed brown with black pudding and... How would you like your eggs?|
|08:00||It's 8. よし、そろそろ艦隊出撃の準備だな？ん・・・お、まて、あれは・・・||It's 8. Alright, it's almost time to begin prepartions for the fleet to sortie right? Hmmm... Oh, wait... That's....|
|09:00||It's 9. Admiral、大変だ！あれはU-boatではないか？！危険だ！艦隊、対潜戦闘用意！我艦は直ちに退避運動開始！||It's 9. There's big trouble, Admiral! Isn't that a U-boat!? It's dangerous! Fleet, prepare for anti-sub combat! My planes, begin evacuation procedures!||Ark Royal is apparently paranoid about submarine attacks given her historical experience.|
|10:00||It's 10. 何？違う？伊号？友軍の、伊号潜水艦だというのか？な、なるほど。言われてみれば、違うようだ。そ、そうか・・・||It's 10. What? I'm wrong? I-type? It's a friendly I-type submarine you say? I-I see. Now that you tell me, I can see the difference. S-so that's it...|
|11:00||It's 11. ちょっと待て、あれはどうなんだ？あれこそ、U・・・何？我が艦隊の呂号潜水艦だっと？なんだと？||It's 11. Wait a minute, what about her? Isn't she a U... What? She's a Ro-type from our fleet you say? What?||She's most likely talking about Ro-500. While Ro-500 technically is a U-boat, the Admiral most likely bent the truth to avoid any conflict.|
|12:00||It is noon. 少々驚きすぎて、お腹が減ってしまったな。いや、大丈夫。こんなときのために、sandwichを持ってきたんだ。Warspiteが作ってくれた。ほら、let's eat!||It is noon. I got hungry after being surprised around every corner. No, it's fine. I brought some sandwiches along just for this occasion. Warspite made them. Come on, let's eat!|
|13:00||It's 1. Sandwich、美味しかったな?Warspiteのやつ腕を上げたようだ。そうか？よし、また頼んでみる。||It's 1. Were the sandwiches delicious? That Warspite is pretty skilled with her hands. Is that so? Alright, I'll ask her to do it next time.|
|14:00||It's 2. あれは・・・あれは、Bismarckじゃないか？彼女もここに我々の様に参加していたか！友軍だな！おい、お〜い！あ、なぜ逃げる？！まて！||It's 2. Isn't that... Isn't that Bismarck? Did she join us here on this sea too? She's an ally! Oi, Oiii~! Ah, why's she running away!? Wait!|
|15:00||It's 3. おいBismarck、なぜ逃げる？仕方ない、Swordfish隊、発艦！やつの足を止めろ！行きなさい！||It's 3. Oi Bismarck, why are you running away? I got no choice, Swordfish squadron, take off! Stop her in her tracks! Go!||A Swordfish from Ark Royal doomed the Bismarck by torpedoing her astern and crippling her steering gear before she could escape from superior British forces pursuing her.|
|16:00||It's 4. 今度は逃げられた。やつめ、随伴艦に直援機を頼むとは、味な真似を・・・まぁ、いい。||It's 4. She got away this time. That Bismarck, having her escorts covering her with CAP planes... how clever... Well, I guess it's fine anyway.||Historically, Bismarck was without air cover and poorly defended against carrier air attack.|
|17:00||It's 5. 夕日か？ここの夕日もいいな。地中海の夕日もそれはきれいなものだが・・・しかし、ここも、きれいだ。||It's 5. Sunset huh? The sunset here is beautiful. Sunsets in the Mediterrenean were beautiful too but... Here is beautiful too.||Ark Royal's last deployment was with Force H at Gibraltar.|
|18:00||It's 6. 実は今晩は飛龍、蒼龍にdinnerを誘われている。一緒に行こう。Pubのようだ。たしか「マミヤ」っと。||It's 6. Actually, Hiryuu and Souryuu invited me for dinner tonight. Let's go together. It seems to be some sort of pub. If I recall, it's called "Mamiya".|
|19:00||It's 7. 美味しい！蒼龍、これは何という料理なんだ？Chiken?うわ、七面鳥。うわ・・・こっちは？Curry?あ、インド料理の？||It's 7. This is delicious! Souryuu, what dish is this? Is it chicken? Oooh, it's turkey. Oooh... and this is? Curry? Ah, Indian food?||IJN's tradition of serving curry actually derives from Royal Navy practice, and Japanese "curry" is doubly remote from traditional Indian food.|
|20:00||It's 8. 飛龍、美味しいからって食べ過ぎじゃないのか？お、運動するからこのくらいは問題ない？そうなのか？So great!||It's 8. Even if it's delicious, aren't you eating a bit too much, Hiryuu? Oh, you'll be getting some exercise after this so this much is fine? Is that so? That's great!|
|21:00||It's 9. 美味しかったけど、少し食べ過ぎた。飛龍、あいつ、すごいな。見習いたくはないが。ああ、あそこ、Italia娘が騒いでるな。少し黙らせておくか？そうか？||It's 9. That was delicious, but I ate a bit too much. Hiryuu was amazing. But I'm not going to follow her example. Ah, the Italian girls are making a fuss over there. Shall I go tell them to keep it down? No?|
|22:00||It's 10. この艦隊は夜は水雷戦隊の動きが活発となるのだな。Hunter-killerか。何？違う？では、何をやっているんだ？彼女たちは。||It's 10. The Torpedo Squadrons in this fleet are really active at night. They're being hunter-killers huh. What? I'm wrong? Then what are those girls doing?|
|23:00||It's 11. Admiral、今日は一日お疲れだった。少し休んでくれ。Good night. Sleep Well.||It's 11.You work hard every day, Admiral. Please get some rest. Good night. Sleep well.|
|Fall 2017||ほお、この艦隊のAutumnはいいな。まさに収穫祭のようだ。チンジュフ・アキマツリ、悪くない。どれ、私も参加しよう！||Oh, this fleet's Autumn is very nice. It's just about time for the Harvest Festival. The 'Naval Base Autumn Festival' is not bad. Let me see, I'll participate too!|
|Sanma 2017||サンマー、だと？ どういうことだ？ Hunter killer、ということか？ ある意味そうだと？ しかし、その艤装では…、えっ、それがbestなのか？ わからんなぁ…？||Sanmar, what? What does it mean? Hunter killer, is that so? That's a sense likely? But with that equipment... Er, is it the best? I don't know...|
Ark Royal can be firm and strict, particularly with contact with the Admiral, going as far as actually attacking the Admiral with her own planes. On the other hand, she can be particularly concerning and doting upon marriage.
- Ark Royal is capable of attacking during night battles, provided that she is equipped with any variant of the Swordfish Torpedo Bomber (Swordfish, Swordfish Mk.II (Skilled) and Swordfish Mk.III (Skilled)).
- Normal attacks use plane animation.
- Equipping two secondary guns allows her to initiate double attacks, using gun animation.
- In both cases, night battle formula is used for damage:
- Only equipment stats from Swordfish bombers will be taken into account (secondary guns, other bombers, equipment upgrades, etc. are ignored).
- Aircraft proficiency (from any bomber) and double attack modifiers are applicable.
- Can't perform night attacks if at medium (orange) damage.
- On account of being a British ship and also voiced by Shuu Uchida, whose voice acting debut with Kantai Collection highlighted intersentential Code Switching with Warspite, Ark Royal also codeswitches and has a notably improved English diction. However, due to Uchida being Australian-Japanese, there are parts of British English words that she has some trouble with in terms of reproducing British English.
- Launched in 1937, Ark Royal was the first carrier designed with her hangar deck integrated into the main hull structure as a strength deck. Design lessons learned from her construction would be used in future British carrier designs like the Illustrious-class.
- She saw heavy use during her life, from bombing raids in Norway to chaotic convoy escort missions in the Mediterranean. She helped hunt for Admiral Graf Spee and other German raiders, and took part in the attack on Mers-El-Kebir where she crippled the French battleship Dunkerque to prevent her use by Vichy forces.
- She was torpedoed by U-81 in November 1941, and despite determined attempts to save her, she sunk on the 14th. Only one crew member was lost in the sinking. Her sinking was at first blamed on crew negligence, but discovery of her wreck and navy investigations indicated that she succumbed to design flaws, particularly at her boiler systems.
- Her wreck was discovered by an underwater survey company, C & C Technologies, Inc, using a sonar-equipped autonomous underwater vehicle, 30 nautical miles (35 mi; 56 km) from Gibraltar, at about 1000 meters depth in December 2002. The company had been contracted by the BBC as part of a documentary on maritime archaeology related to major battles of the Royal Navy.
- She is best known for her role in crippling the battleship Bismarck, with her aircraft - consisting of old Fairey Swordfish torpedo planes - dealing the debilitating blow to the battleship's rudder that allowed the British Home Fleet to finally sink the German ship.
|Ark Royal Class Standard Carriers|