Construction is a feature that enables admirals to build new ships. Building ships consume resources and one development material for each attempt (the two nail-looking things at top right hand corner). Development materials can be found by completing quests, expeditions, and some sorties.
The chance of obtaining a rare ship is not affected by headquarter level, but the type/class of flagship you have and amount of resources you put in. New admirals can definitely obtain rare ships, but these are small odds.
According to stats provided on the Kancolle database, there is a correlation between users who built a ship as the same type of ship as the flagship, so it is recommended to have the type (or even class) you want as the flagship. The recipes below list the type of ships you may obtain, but all recipes always have a chance to make more than one type of ship. Keep in mind that the type of ship and the exact ship you will obtain are totally random, so the chances of obtaining the ship you desire may be fairly low. There are also some ships that are currently unbuildable, the list can be found here.
Also please refrain from asking "why didn't I get xxx ship with xxx recipe?" Chances are that you didn't read this section, used the wrong recipe, or simply had bad luck. Take note that sometimes it is easier and more resource efficient to find your desired ship in sorties as a drop rather than building them (i.e. 4 Kongou sisters is a quite common drop at 3-2 node A).
Large Ship ConstructionEdit
Large Ship Construction involves the input of a larger quantity of resources (2,000-7,000 for steel, 1,000-7,000 for bauxite, 1,500-7,000 for other resources), in addition to a selection of either 1, 20 or 100 development materials and will require 10 Instant Construction to immediately finish it. This method of construction allows much rarer ships such as the Yamato to be constructed. It is unlocked by completing two quests:
- Complete Modernization Quest: You will be required to successfully modernize a ship 4 times.
- Complete Crafting Quest: You will be required to scrap 4 pieces of equipment. Do it one by one as the game will consider discarding multiplies at once, as one time
According to the official Twitter , having more empty construction docks very slightly increases the chances of better ships appearing.
The timer bellow reflect the type of ship or specific ship you will obtain after hit the build button.
|00:20:00||Fubuki class, Ayanami class, Akatsuki class, Hatsuharu class|
|00:22:00||Shiratsuyu class, Asashio class|
|Submarine||I-168, I-58, I-8|
|00:24:00||Destroyer||Kagerou class, Yukikaze, Type 1934 Class|
|01:00:00||Light Cruiser||Tenryuu class, Kuma class, Nagara class, Sendai class, Agano class|
|Heavy Cruiser||Furutaka class, Aoba class|
|01:15:00||Light Cruiser||Kinu, Abukuma|
|01:20:00||Heavy Cruiser||Myoukou class|
|01:25:00||Heavy Cruiser||Takao class|
|01:30:00||Mogami class, Tone class|
|02:00:00||Light Aircraft Carrier||Houshou|
|02:20:00||Seaplane Tender||Chitose, Chiyoda|
|02:30:00||Amphibious Assault Carrier||Akitsu Maru|
|02:40:00||Light Aircraft Carrier||Shouhou, Zuihou|
|04:00:00||Fast Battleship||Kongou class|
|04:10:00||Regular Aircraft Carrier||Souryuu, Hiryuu|
|Regular Aircraft Carrier||Kaga|
|Regular Aircraft Carrier||Akagi|
|05:00:00||Battleship||Nagato, Mutsu, Bismarck|
|06:00:00||Regular Aircraft Carrier||Shoukaku, Zuikaku|
|06:40:00||Armored Aircraft Carrier||Taihou|
|08:00:00||Heavy Battleship||Yamato, Musashi|
Ships currently not buildableEdit
- 舞風 Maikaze 3-3 random drop
- 初風 Hatsukaze 3-4 boss drop
- 秋雲 Akigumo 5-1 boss, 5-2 certain nodes, 5-3 boss drop
- 夕雲 Yuugumo 2-5, 4-2, 5-1, 5-2, 5-3 drop (all from bosses)
- 巻雲 Makigumo 2-5, 1-4, 2-3, 5-2 drop (all from bosses)
- 長波 Naganami 3-2, 4-4, 5-1, 5-4 drop (all from bosses)
- 卯月 Uzuki 2-5, 3-4, 4-4, 5-1, 5-2, 5-4 drop (all from bosses)
- 浜風 Hamakaze 2-5, 2-2, 3-3, 4-4, 5-4 drop (all from bosses)
- 伊19 I-19 2013 Christmas event random drop (map E-3), 2013 November event E-1 complete reward. 1-5, 2-5, and 5-4 boss node drop, 2014 April event drop (certain nodes, certain maps), 2014 Summer event E-2 Boss node drop
- 伊401 I-401 2013 Christmas event complete reward
- 明石 Akashi 2014 April event E2 complete reward
- 天津風 Amatsukaze 2014 April event E3 complete reward, 2014 Summer event E2, E4, E5, E6 boss node drop
- 酒匂 Sakawa 2014 April event E5 complete reward
- 谷風 Tanikaze 2014 April event E2, E3 and E4 boss node drop
- 浦風 Urakaze 2-4, 2-5, 4-2 boss drop
- 大鯨 Taigei 2-4, 2-5, 3-4, 4-4, 5-2 boss drop
- 春雨 Harusame 2014 Summer event E-1 Complete reward
- 大淀 Ooyodo 2014 Summer event E-2 Complete reward
- 時津風 Tokitsukaze 2014 Summer event E-4 Complete reward
- 雲龍 Unryuu 2014 Summer event E-5 Complete reward
- 磯風 Isokaze 2014 Summer event E-6 Complete reward
- 清霜 Kiyoshimo 2014 Summer event E3, E6 boss node drop
- 早霜 Hayashimo 2014 Summer event E2, E4, E5, E6 boss node drop
These ships may become buildable in future updates.
Ships buildable via large constructionEdit
- 大和 Yamato 2013 August event E4 complete reward
- 三隈 Mikuma 4-3, 5-2 boss drop
- 能代 Noshiro 2013 November event E2 complete reward
- 武蔵 Musashi 2013 November event E5 complete reward
- 阿賀野 Agano 5-4 boss drop
- 矢矧 Yahagi
- 大鳳 Taihou
- あきつ丸 Akitsu Maru
- まるゆ Maruyu
- ビスマルク Bismarck
DISCLAIMER: THESE RECIPES ARE NOT GUARANTEED TO GIVE YOU THE SHIP YOU WANT IN THE NUMBER OF CRAFTING ATTEMPTS THAT YOU CAN AFFORD. PERCENTAGES LISTED ON SOME RECIPES ARE SOURCED FROM wikiwiki.jp/kancolle AND ARE NOT REPRESENTATIVE OF ACTUAL IN-GAME CHANCES.
PLEASE ADD NEW RECIPES YOU BELIEVE SHOULD BE REVIEWED FOR ADDITION INTO THE SPECIAL TABLE AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS SECTION.
|30||30||30||30||Mainly destroyers and light cruisers, with a small chance of heavy cruisers. No rare destroyers. Small chance of Yayoi.|
|250||130*||200||30||3.85% for Shimakaze OR Yukikaze. 3.36% for submarines. |
|270||30||330||130||6% for Shimakaze (3.75%) OR Yukikaze (2.25%). 3.8% for submarines. |
- Data from http://kancolle-db.net/ suggests that increasing fuel, steel, and ammo all increase the chance of receiving a rare DD. However, it appears that values higher than 300 fuel and 400 steel begin to generate more CV/CVLs and fewer rare DDs. Further increasing bauxite does not appear to have a significant impact on the chance of receiving a rare DD or SS and is more likely to result in CV/CVL.
- Recipe percentages don't count Z3 yet.
|30||30||30||30||Mainly destroyers and light cruisers, with a small chance of heavy cruisers. No rare destroyers. A small chance of Yuubari .|
|250||30||200||30||Light cruisers, heavy cruisers, rare destroyers and submarines.|
|250||30||200||30||Light cruisers, heavy cruisers, rare destroyers and submarines.|
|270||30||330||130||Slightly higher chance for heavy cruisers.|
|400||100||600||30||BB (32.01%), CA (57.93%), CL (7.38%).|
|400||30||600||30||BB (32.01%), CA (58.63%), CL (6.87%), also have a VERY SLIM chance to result in Suzuya.|
|300||30||400||300||Most common recipe. 11% chance for carrier. 31% light carrier |
15% carrier, 33% light carrier 
|250||30||200||30||SS (3.74%), recipe shared with rare destroyers and light cruisers.  >1000 entries|
|250||130||200||30||3.38%  >1000 entries|
|250||130||330||30||5.63%  ~250 entries|
- ammo or bauxite doesn't seem to affect SS construction rate according to data from http://kancolle-db.tk/
DISCLAIMER : EVERY REMARK IS PERSONAL. RESULTS MAY VARY. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
|300||30||400||401||Aircraft carrier recipe|
Battleship and Carrier recipe hybrid (Does not actually yield Battleships, Recipe requires further testing, 0 entries  )
|350||130||400||350||Light/Standard Aircraft recipe|
Higher chance for Battleship
|300||300||400||500||19% carrier, 29.5% light carrier (Recipe requires further testing <500 entries) |
|330||430||530||430||Higher chance for rare Light/Standard Aircraft Carriers |
Large Ship Construction RecipeEdit
DISCLAIMER : BASED ON WIKIWIKI REPORTS. RESULTS MAY VARY. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
|Any||Any||Any||Any||Any||Maruyu||5-10% for all recipes.|
|Expect lots of Ise-class, Fusou-class, and Kongou-class.|
May also produce Shoukaku, Zuikaku and other CVs.
|4000||2000||5000||7000||20||Taihou||13.7% (2134 reports)|
|3500||3500||6000||6000||20||Taihou||12.5% (2389 reports)|
|4000||2000||5000||6000||20||Taihou||10.3% (514 reports)|
|6000||4000||6000||3000||100||Yamato-Class||12.2% (866 reports)|
|6000||4000||6000||3000||20||Yamato-Class||9.9% (1106 reports)|
12.1% (1156 reports)
The reports from the japanese wiki collected and visualized.
Note: It is far from accurate because success is more often posted than failures, avoid the ones with low sample size.