|Seiyuu||Ootsubo Yuka ( )||Availability||Construction (Normal)|
|Artist||Shibafu (しばふ)||Implemented on||2013-4-23|
Kuma Class Light Cruiser
|Armor||10 (29)||Torpedo||24 (79)|
|Evasion||36 ()||AA||13 (49)|
|14cm Single Gun Mount||0|
|61cm Quadruple Torpedo Mount||0|
|- Locked -||-|
|- Locked -||-|
Kuma Class Torpedo Cruiser
|Armor||12 (39)||Torpedo||80 (99)|
|Evasion||( )||AA||13 (39)|
|61cm Quadruple (Oxygen) Torpedo Mount||0|
|61cm Quadruple (Oxygen) Torpedo Mount||0|
|- Locked -||-|
|- Locked -||-|
Kitakami Kai Ni
Kuma Class Torpedo Cruiser
|Armor||23 (63)||Torpedo||90 (139)|
|Evasion||( )||AA||15 (49)|
|12.7cm Twin High-angle Gun Mount||0|
|61cm Quintuple (Oxygen) Torpedo Mount||0|
|Type 21 Air Radar||0|
|- Locked -||-|
|Introduction||あたしは軽巡北上。まーよろしく。||I'm light cruiser Kitakami, nice ta meet 'ya.||She uses "atashi", a very feminine form of Japanese pronoun "watashi" (means I).|
|Kai||新しい北上、それがアタシ。酸素魚雷を満載して、ちょっと大人になったでしょ。||A brand new Kitakami... that's me, all right. I feel a lot more grown up, loaded to the brim with oxygen torpedoes.|
|It's Kitakami, the third ship of the Kuma class~.|
Hmm? Yeah, Ooi's my best pal.
I heard I can go another step and become a torpedo crusier that machine guns out oxygen torpedos.
|重雷装巡洋艦 = torpedo cruiser. '重' also means also 'enormous,' 'extreme,' etc. Not 'heavy' in this context. 重雷装艦 = torpedo ship.|
|It's Super Kitakami-sama, equipped with type-93 oxygenated torpedos, with 20 firing tubes on each side.|
It's been said that I have overpowering strength, but I did not really get any chances to shine. Bah.
|Secretary 1||駆逐艦？ あぁ、ウザい||Destroyer? Aah, annoying.|
|Kai||93式酸素魚雷満載で、重いわ〜||These Type-93 oxygen torpedoes sure are heavy...|
|Secretary 2||大井っちなにさー…あ、なんだ提督か||Whassit, Ooi...? Oh, it's just you, Admiral.|
|Kai||んぉー？何ー？提督…、もう何なのさぁ、いいけどさぁ||Nuh... What, Admiral...? What is it with you? I don't mind it, though.|
|Secretary 3||もーおー、大井っち身体触るの止めてよー…って、提督じゃん。何やってんの？||Oh , geez, Ooi, stop touching me- hey, 'tis the Admiral. Da heck ya' doing?|
|Kai||ぅあ、あれ？ あれはちょっと積みたくないなぁ||T-that? I'd rather not load any...||Reference to the "Kaiten" kamikaze torpedoes. For better or worse, she did not fire any.|
|Kai Ni||もーおー、大井っち身体触るの止めてよー…って、提督じゃん。何やってんの？||Oh, geez, Ooi, stop touching me- hey, 'tis the Admiral. Da heck ya' doing?|
|Idle||なんかこう…肩が凝るよね、肩が。まだ私若いんだけどね～。やっぱ魚雷がちょっと重いんかねぇ。||Like this, y'know... my shoulders feel pretty stiff. I'm still pretty young, though... Torpedoes are pretty heavy, huh?|
|Secretary Married||提督？どした？落ち込んでんの？らしくないじゃん、大丈夫だって。||Admiral? What's up? Feeling down? That's not like you, it's all good.|
|Wedding||え？私のこと気になってんの～？そりゃあ趣味いいね、実にいいよ！||Eh? You've been interested in me? Well that's a good hobby indeed!|
|Kai||提督、お願いがあるんだけどさ。…あの武器だけは、やっぱ載せないでよね。…頼んだよ…！||Admiral, I got a bit of a request... that weapon, I don't really want it, yeah?... I'm countin' on ya!||She's probably talking about Kaiten suicide torpedo.|
|Kai Ni||まぁ、なんてーの？そうねぇ…いい感じじゃん？最近…まぁ、なんかそう思うんだよね、うん…まぁ、そんな感じ？||Well, what to say? Right...ain't that a good feeling? Lately...I kinda think that but, yeah... well, that's kinda how it is?|
|Looking At Scores||提督に連絡だよ。はい||A message for you, Admiral. Here.|
|Kai||提督に連絡ですよ。はいっ。||A message for you, Admiral. Here.|
|Kai Ni||おぉ～、そうねぇ、情報は見ないとねぇ||Oh, that's right. Gotta confirm the news.|
|Joining A Fleet||水雷戦隊、出るよ！||Torpedo squadron, going out!|
|Kai||重雷装巡洋艦北上、出撃します||Torpedo cruiser Kitakami, moving out.|
|Equipment 1||うん、強化は好き、どんどんやって||Yeah, I like being strengthened. Keep em' coming!|
|Kai||どんどん強化して、いい船になるから||Keep em' coming! I'll become an even better ship.|
|Kai Ni||どんどん強化して。いい船になるからさ♪||Oh, keep em' coming! I'll become an even better ship♪|
|Equipment 2||いいねぇ、しびれるねぇ。ありがとね♪||Oh yes, I'm getting the chills! Thank you, really♪|
|Kai||大井っちの方は大丈夫？そう？||Is Ooi doing okay? Really?|
|Equipment 3||まぁまぁか||Tis okay, I 'spose.|
|Kai||やっちゃいましょ～♪||Let's do this～♪|
|⇧ shared with expedition selection, resource collection, instant repair and development|
|Docking Minor||ごめーん、ちょっと壊しちゃったよ。||Sorry, I wrecked myself a little.|
|Kai||う～んやっぱ難しいよね～、この船。||Yeah... 'tis a difficult ship, ain't it.|
|Docking Major||仕方ないでしょ！？装甲、紙なのよ…。||What can I do? My armor's about as good as paper!|
|Kai||まぁ～難しいよね～。とりあえず直すね～。||Yeah... sure is a difficult one. I'll go get fixed in the meanwhile.||A reference to the fact that despite Kitakami and Ooi being the most advanced ships of their type, torpedo cruisers as a whole no longer had a useful role in carrier-dominated naval battles.|
|Kai Ni||まあ風呂もいいよね～。ね、大井っち？||Well, a bath is good too right~? Right, Ooichi?|
|Docking Complete||修理が終わったよ！見てきたら？||The repair is done. Wanna take a look?|
|Construction||新しい艦が進水したってさ||A new ship has been floated.|
|Kai||新しい艦が進水しましたよー||A new ship has been floated.|
|Kai Ni||新しい艦が進水しましたよっと。||A new ship has been floated, yup.|
|Returning From Sortie||あ、艦隊が帰ってきたね||Ah, seems like the fleet has returned.|
|Kai||あら、艦隊が帰ってきましたね。||Oh, seems like the fleet returned.|
|Starting A Sortie||出撃します！大井っち、いっくよー！||We're off, let's go, Ooichi!|
|Kai||まー大井っちと組めば、最強だよね||Well, I make the ultimate combination with Ooi.|
|Battle Start||敵艦発見！砲雷撃戦、よーい！||Enemy sighted! Ready for shelling and torpedoing!|
|Kai||20射線の酸素魚雷、2回いきますよー。||20 shots of Oxygen Torpedoes, going in twice.|
|Kai Ni||単装砲って、何気にわびさびよねぇ||I guess these single turrets just have a sense of elegance.||Same as Base Night Attack line|
|Attack||まぁ私はやっぱ、基本、雷撃よね||Well, I guess I'm mainly a torpedo firin' ship...|
|Kai||40門の魚雷は伊達じゃないから。||My 40 firing tubes ain't just for show, 'ya know.|
|Kai Ni||40門の酸素魚雷は伊達じゃないからね、っと。||My 40 firing tubes aren't just for show, I say.|
|⇧ shared with day/night special attacks, support expedition team arrival|
|Night Battle||さーって、追い込みますよ！付いてきて！||Now, we're huntin' em down! Follow me!|
|Kai||ぎったぎったにしてあげましょうかねぇ！||Time to make oil soup out of you!||ぎったぎった seems to be a variant of ぎたぎた (to be covered in grease) - may also be a pun on きた( 北 ) from Kitakami... so left it as that.|
|Night Attack||単装砲って、何気にわびさびよね～||I guess these single turrets just have a sense of elegance.|
|Kai||まー主砲はそう…まーそうねー||Well, my main cannons are... well... yeah...|
|MVP||なんかでっかい改造の話もあるけどさ、アタシはこのままでも結構気に入ってるんだけどな||I keep talking about remodeling, but I 'spose I quite like myself this way right now.|
|Kai||ふふん、これが重雷装艦の実力ってやつよ。あーよかった、活躍できて||Hehe, so this is the power of a torpedo ship. Man... I'm glad I got to do something.|
|Minor Damage 1||なんの、まだこのくらい。||It's only a flesh wound!|
|Kai||くぅぅ、防御力は無いんだよぅ～||Guh... I really have no defensive powers...|
|Minor Damage 2||ちぃっ…痛いじゃないのー。||Hey, that hurt!|
|Kai||いたたっ！退避していい？||Ouch... may I evacuate?|
|Major Damage||情けないなぁ、もう。こんなの見られたら、大井っちが大笑いするよ。ったく…。||Oh, I'm pathetic... Ooi's gunna laugh at me if she sees this... damn it...|
|Kai||まぁなんて言うの？こんなこともあるよね...早く修理した～い。||Well, how should I say this... I guess these things happen. I wanna get fixed!|
|Sunk||次に生まれる時には…重巡がいいなぁ…||I'd like to be reborn... as a heavy cruiser...|
|Kai||来世はやっぱ戦艦でお願いします・・・ガクッ||I'd like to be a battleship in my next life after all... gulp|
|Kai Ni||来世はやっぱ、空母でお願いし…って、いっかな～工作艦とかでも～あはは…||I'd like to be a Aircraft Carrier in my next life please...Repair Ship is not bad too～ ahaha||Her afterlife was a destroyer escort.|
Hourly Notifications (Kai)Edit
|00:00||提督、日付が変わったよ。||Admiral, the day has changed~.|
|01:00||マルヒトマルマル。うん、そう。時報ってやつね。今日はあたしがやったげるよー。||0100. Yes, that's right. It's the time keeping thing. I'll be doing it for today.|
|02:00||マルフタマルマル。なんか飽きてきたー。漫画とかないの？漫画とか。……ちぇ。||0200. I'm gettin' bored of it-. Don't you have things like manga? No manga? ...tch.|
|03:00||マルサンマルマル。すっかり夜も更けたね。私も眠いよ…||0300. It's completely late into the night now. I'm sleepy too...|
|04:00||現在時刻、マルヨンマルマル。提督は眠くないの？あぁそう、いいねぇ…。||It's now 0400. Aren't you sleepy, Admiral? I see, isn't that nice...|
|05:00||マルゴーマルマル。朝になっちゃったよ…明るいよー…あたしゃ眠いよ、寝ていい？今から…||0500. It turned into morning now... It's so bright-... Ah'm sho shleepeh, can I sleep? Starting from right now...||She slurred her "I" which is kind of hard to express in English so I replaced it onto the "so" instead.|
|06:00||マルロクマルマル。わっ！どうしたの、大井っち。そんな怖い顔してさ、なになに？どうしたのさ。||0600. Wah! What's wrong, Ooichi? Why're you makin' such a scary face? What's wrong? What's up?|
|07:00||マルナナマルマル。提督、大井っちが朝飯作ってくれるって、え？大丈夫だよ、ありがたいねぇ。||0700. Admiral, Ooichi made breakfast. Eh? It's fine, I'm thankful for it.|
|08:00||マルハチマルマル。大井っちの作った朝飯、いただきまーす！…あれ、どうして二人分しかないの？提督のは？||0800. The breakfast that Ooichi made, time to eat! ...Hmm, why is there only portions for two? What about Admiral's?|
|09:00||マルキュウマルマル。だから、大井っち、別に大丈夫だってぇ。さ～自分の持ち場に戻った戻った～。はいはいっ。||0900. So I keep saying, I'm fine, Ooichi. Go on, go back to your post~. Yes, yes.|
|10:00||ヒトマルマルマル。ふぅ…やっと大井っちが戻ってったねー。いや、いい子なんだよ、ホントはね？あ、知ってた？そお？||1000. Fuu... Ooichi has finally gone back. No, she's a good girl, really. Ah, you already knew that? Is that so.||Considering Ooi was going looking for Kitakami with a knife (OOi's hourly line), not sure if Ooi is a good girl or not. A sign that Ooi was a yan.|
|11:00||ヒトヒトマルマル。てなことしてたら、もうお昼だねー。いやー、お昼、何食べよっかねぇ。あ、まだ仕事ね。ハイハイ。||1100. Meanwhile, it's already noon huh. Hmm, what should I eat for lunch? Ah, there's still work to do? Right right.|
|12:00||ヒトフタマルマル。お昼だぁー。さて、今日は何食べに行こうかねぇ。うーん。||1200. It's lunch tiime-! So, what should I eat today? Hmm.|
|13:00||ヒトサンマルマル。そうねぇ、やっぱ昼はカレーだよねぇー！間宮カレー、行きますかねぇ？それとも、半舷上陸しちゃう？||1300. That's right, as expected, it's got to be curry for lunch~! Should I go for Mamiya curry? Or should I just take a rest?|
|14:00||ふぅ、結局いつもの間宮さんとこのカレー。ま、いいけどねぇ。美味しいし。あ、ヒトヨンマルマル。一応ね。||Fuu, in the end, it's always Mamiya-san's curry. Well, that's fine too. It's delicious after all. Ah, it's 1400. Just for the record.|
|15:00||ヒトゴーマルマル。まぁねえ。いろいろあったね。でもさ、なんかそれも仕方なかったのかなーってさ。今は思うんだ…。||1500. Well. Lot'sa things happened. But y'know, that also can't be helped. Is what I'm thinking now.|
|16:00||ヒトロクマルマル。あ、阿武隈だー。おーい！あれ？なんで逃げるのさ。おーい。…変なヤツ。ね？||1600. Ah, it's Abukuma. O~i! Hmm? Why did she run away? O~i. ...What a weird person, right?||Abukuma's bow was severely damaged after the collision with Kitakami at 20th October 1930.|
|17:00||現在時刻、ヒトナナマルマル。そろそろ今日は看板だね～夕日が落ちるよ～。||It's now 1700. Almost time to finish for the day~ The sun's heading down~|
|18:00||ヒトハチマルマル。さ、そろそろ今日もお終いですよー。え、まだ早いって？そっか…ちぇ。||1800. Well, 'bout time we close up, yeah? Oh, still too early? I see... tch.|
|19:00||ヒトキュウマルマル。あ、大井っち～！何でお鍋抱えてんの？え？大井っち特製カレー？カ、カレーかぁ…。||1900. Ah, Ooichiii! Why'ya holding a pot? Eh? Ooichi's deluxe curry? C-Curry is it...|
|20:00||フタマルマルマル。え、提督、夜もカレーでいいって？ふぅーん。いいとこあるね、痺れるねぇ！大井っち、ありがとね♪||2000. Hey, Admiral, it is okay to have curry again for dinner? Hmmm. It's pretty good, I'm gettin' chills! Ooicchi, thanks♪|
|21:00||フタヒトマルマル。まぁ、カレーばっかになっちゃったけどさ、大井っちのも美味しかったよねぇ。なんか変な味したけど。||2100. Well, we ended up having nothing but curry today, but Ooichi's sure is delicious, yeah? The flavor's a bit strange, though.|
|22:00||フタフタマルマル。さっ、そろそろ本日の艦隊勤務もおしまいですよ～。ご苦労様でした～。寝よ寝よ。提督、それじゃ。||2200. Well, it's about time for the fleet missions to end for today, yeah? Good work everyone~. Time to sleep, time to sleep. Bye Admiral.|
|23:00||フタサンマルマル。…ん？ん～？え～。あたし今日寝ずの番の係なの？え～？できっかなぁ、それ無理っぽくない？||2300. ...mm? Mmm~? Ehh.. I'm on night duty today? Eh~? Can I pull it off, doesn't it seem kinda impossible?|
- Both Kitakami and Ooi share the same 3 forms.
- (Base): Light green serafuku top with dark green skirt. She carries a watering can-like turret gun as well as a double torpedo launcher.
- (Torpedo Cruiser/Kai): The top becomes dark green. Several quad torpedo launchers are strapped to their body.
- (Kai 2): They change to a khaki and dark green uniform that shows their midriff. They now have quintuple torpedo launchers instead of the quad torpedo launchers.
- Kitakami herself has long black hair with the back in a braid, blunt bangs and hime cut-like payot tied low.
- Her personality goes all over the place. Sometimes, she's a genuinely nice girl; other times, she trolls Abukuma. She often expresses her annoyance with the Destroyers. (She is portrayed both as someone who genuinely hates kids in some fanworks, and as a Jerk With A Heart of Gold who says she finds destroyers annoying while still being nice to them.) She is also likely to boast her abilities, such as refering herself as "Super Kitakami-sama" after remodeling.
- Despite the fact that she says she hates destroyers often, in anime, she still helped Fubuki by teaching her about torpedo's fundamental knowledge, leaving Ooi pout in disagreement.
- The nature of her relationship with Ooi varies but they are usually very close to each other. In some versions, Kitakami is straight while Ooi is a lesbian, and Kitakami has to repeatedly shred Ooi's delusions. In others, they're a romantic couple. In yet further versions, they're both bisexual and have eyes for the admiral and each other.
- Treats Ooi rather differently than the player.
- In Fubuki, Ganbarimasu! and other works, she is shown to have a dislike for destroyers.
- Her name is taken from the "Kitakami River".
- After being remodeled into torpedo cruisers, Kitakami, Ooi and Kiso can equip Type-A Kouhyouteki to fire opening torpedoes before shelling phase.
- In 1942 she and Ooi were converted into fast transports to perform escort missions during the war. Nearly two years after her conversion, and after being out of action for six months having been torpedoed by HMS Templar, she was again converted, this time into a Kaiten carriers to carry Kaiten craft suicide subs for sea trials.
- She served on the repatriation service after the war as the repair tender ship on repatriation duties.
- Scrapped 10 August 1946.
- Isuzu class destroyer escort JDS Kitakami had been commissioned to Maritime Self Defense Force (1961-1992). JDS Kitakami and JDS Ooi were quite different from the earlier two vessels in their propulsion and weaponry, so sometimes they were classified as the "Kitakami class". JDS Kitakami and JDS Ooi belonged to the 32 destroyer squadron of Ominato base together. And they were retired together in 1992. Even after reborn, they were in very good relationship.
- Along with Ooi, they were the first ships in the entire game to receive their second remodel on 19/06/2013.
|Kuma Class Light Cruisers|
|Kuma · Tama · Kitakami · Ooi · Kiso|