|Seiyuu||Sasaki Hitomi ( )||Availability||Event Drop|
Shimushu Class Coastal Defense Ship
|Evasion||41 ()||AA||6 (22)|
|12cm Single Gun Mount||0|
|25mm Twin Autocannon Mount||0|
|- Locked -||-|
|- Locked -||-|
Shimushu Class Coastal Defense Ship
|Evasion||( )||AA||10 (52)|
|12.7cm Single High-angle Gun Mount (Late Model)||0|
|Type 94 Depth Charge Projector||0|
|- Unequipped -||0|
|- Locked -||-|
何それ？ 違うけど？ そうね、クナって…
|The second of Shimushu-class, Kunashiri. What's that? That's wrong. Right, you can call me Kuna.|
|Library||占守型海防艦二番艦、国後よ。 北方の守りは任せてよね。 え、地味だろって。 何それ！ あの出撃の前の単冠湾の哨戒とか、大事な役割も務めたんだから。 大湊を起点に、千島列島や宗谷海峡、津軽海峡など大切な所を守ったの。 ねえ、聞いてる？最後は大切な大切なこと、頑張ったし。 ちょっと神風さんに迷惑かけちゃったけど。 頑張ったよね、あたし！||I am Kunashiri, the second ship of Shimushu-class Coastal Defense Ship. You can leave the defense of the north to me. What? That's simple you said? How could you! Before _that_ sortie, I played an important role, like patrolling Hitokappu Bay. Using Ominato as a starting point, I protected important places like Chishima Islands, Soya Strait, Tsugaru Straight and others. Hey, are you listening? In the end I worked very hard in a very, very important job. I inconvenienced Kamikaze a little, but I worked hard.||In 1946, while on a return repatriation voyage and en-route to Uraga, Kunashiri ran aground near Cape Omaezaki, Shizuoka when her crew mistook a fishing vessel's lights for the Omaezaki lighthouse. While attempting to rescue passengers and crew off of the stranded Kunashiri, Kamikaze also ran aground. Both were abandoned, after the passengers and crew were transferred over to another ship.|
|Secretary 1||何？ 呼んだ？ ふん！||What, did you call? Humph!|
|Secretary 2||え、占守と間違えた？ はぁ？ 何それ、帰る。||Huh? You mistook me for Shimushu? What, how could you!? I'm going home.|
|Secretary 3||だから何それ。 面白いと思ってるの？ ふん！ 私、挨拶とか、そういうの大切だと思ってるから！ 別に形とかそういうのじゃなくって。||Just what is that? Do you think that's fun? Humph! I think things like greetings are important! I don't mean that materialistically.|
|Idle||あ、子日…さん？ああ！いいのいいの！違うしそうじゃなくってね？…なんて言えばいいのかなぁ…うん！そう！それ！そうゆうことなんです！よかったぁ、わかってくれてて！うん！頑張ろう！||Ah, Nenohi-san? Ah, it's fine, it's fine. No, that's not it. What did I want to say... Yes, you're right, that's it! That was it. It's good that you understand. Yup, do your best!||See Trivia section.|
|Secretary Married||司令。なに、今日外出するの？ や、違うしなにそれ。そうじゃなくて、雨とか霧とかの日は気をつけてよね。そうじゃなくてもそそっかしいんだから！ え、私？ 私は大丈夫だし！ なによっ！！||Commander. Are you heading out today? No, that's not it. I really wanted to tell you to be careful of rainy and foggy days. Otherwise you'll be careless. Eh, me? I'll be fine! What's with that!|
|Wedding||北方への輸送護衛でしょ、哨戒でしょ、海峡の警備でしょ…ふぁ、やることいっぱいあって大変！ 司令、私ちょっと仕事多すぎない？！ え、これは？ ご褒美？ 私に？！ …そ、そう…へ？||A transport mission to the north? An evacuation? Guarding the straits? *sigh* Having so many things to do is troublesome! Commander, aren't you giving me too much work? Eh, what's this? A reward? For me? Is... that so... Eh?|
|Looking At Scores||何それ。情報見たいの？仕方ないなあ。||What's that? You wanted to see information? Guess it can't be helped.|
|Joining A Fleet||いーい？ 海防艦国後、抜錨！ 出ます！||Ready? Coastal defense ship Kunashiri, setting sail! Let's move out.|
|Equipment 1||あ、姉が？ 姉は姉よ||Shi... Shimushu did? Shimushu... is Shimushu|
|Equipment 2||ま、まぁ良いんじゃない？||Well, Well I think it's good.|
|Equipment 3||何それ。 おぉ、そうなの||How could you. Oh, I see.|
|⇧ shared with expedition selection, resource collection, instant repair and development|
|Supply||ありがと。もらっとく…何よ？||Thanks. I will take this, what?|
|Docking Minor||っ、こんなの……。じろじろ見ないで！||Eh, this sort of... Don't keep staring so much!|
|Docking Major||神風さんに見せられない……。早く、ちゃんとしなきゃ……。||I can't let Kamikaze-san see this... I'll need to hurry up and be proper...|
|Construction||できたって！||It have been done.|
|Returning From Sortie||艦隊、戻ったわ。……まぁ、みんな無事で、良かった…かな？||The fleet has returned. Well, isn't it good that everyone is fine?|
|Starting A Sortie||千島方面根拠地隊、旗艦「国後」！ 出撃します！ みんな、付いて来て！||Kuril District Base Flagship, Kunashiri! Sortieing! Follow me everyone!|
|Battle Start||敵か。やるしかない……！ みんな！ いーい、やるよっ！||Enemy? We've got to do this...! Everyone! Ready, let's do this!|
|Attack||引き付けて……てぇっ！||Wait for it... Fire!|
|⇧ shared with day/night special attacks, support expedition team arrival|
|Night Battle||夜…夜戦…魚雷無いけど、やってみる！||It's night time... Night battle... I might not have torpedoes but I'll still try!|
|Night Attack||この海から出ていけ！||Get out of this sea!|
|MVP||まっ、そんな感じじゃないの？ 姉さんは姉さん、あたしはあたしなんだから。やるときはあたしだってやるの！ ……ハチ、聞いてる？ 聞きなさいよっ！||Well, this is about right, right? My sister is my sister and I am me. When it comes down to it, I can do it too! ...are you listening, Hachi? Listen to me!||"Hachi" probably refers to "Hachijyou", the 4th Shimushu-class ship|
|Minor Damage 1||ああぁぁぁっ！！ 被弾？！ 衝突？！||Aaaaah! Bullet hit?! Collision?!|
|Minor Damage 2||ええ、この衝撃…なに？ 座礁じゃ、ないよね？||Eh, what's this impact? No way, I'm not running aground, right?|
|Major Damage||きゃあぁぁ！ も、もうっ！ でも、あたし、沈むつもり、ないからっ！||Aaarrrgh! Ugh, urgh! But I have no intention of sinking yet!|
|Sunk||えっ、うそ、うそだよね、そんな、この、ここで…神風さん||Eh, no way... this got to be a lie right? In a... place... like this... Kamikaze-san...|
|Rainy Season 2017||もう... なんか鬱陶しいこの季節！照る照る坊主作って吊るせば... 馬鹿、違う、違うから！じゃ自分で作って見なさいよ、ほら！||Jeez… this is such an awful season! I wonder if we should make some teru teru bōzu… jerk, I didn’t mean that, that’s not what I meant! Fine, go make it yourself, go on!|
|Fall 2017||あ、阿武隈さん！ はい、元気です！ 秋祭りですよね？ ご一緒にどうですか？ あぁ、そうですか。了解です。また今度、是非！|
|Sanma 2017||姉さん、漁業関係は本当に張り切るなあ。あれは血かな、血。え、あたし？ あたしもまぁ、嫌いじゃないけど…。|
- As an Escort ship, Kunashiri has a reduced ASW score requirement for performing Opening Anti-Submarine attacks, needing only at least 60 ASW instead of the normal 100.
- If used in modernization, Kunashiri will increase both a ship's ASW stat and Luck. If used in conjunction with a sister ship (i.e. Shimushu), both will also provide an increase in a ship's HP.
- Named after the island of Kunashir (known in Japanese as Kunashiri).
- Launched and commissioned in 1940 as part of the Maru-3 plan.
- On 8 January 1942, when Kunashiri entered Paramushir Base, she received a signal of "Why did you not salute to me" from destroyer Nenohi. Kunashiri replied with "I am Kunashiri". Kunashiri's captain was of higher rank than Nenohi's, so the captain of Nenohi went to Kunashiri in person to apologize.
- The incident came from the confusion about the Japanese ship category of "Kaiboukan". Originally this category was coined for obsolete large ships serving in coastal waters, but after the London Naval Treaty of 1930 limited the numbers of destroyers, the IJN was in dire need for ships small enough to be exempt from the treaty, but still capable of patrolling northern waters to tackle potential fishing disputes with the Soviet Union. The Shimushu-class was created to satisfy this demand, and despite being significantly smaller than destroyers, they were classified along with those large ships as Kaiboukans. Since the majority of the category were large combatant ships, the Kaiboukan, including the tiny Shimushu-class, was considered 軍艦 (lit. "Military ship"), a class of IJN ships only given to combatant ships the size of a cruiser or larger. A Military ship will receive a Chrysanthemum badge at the bow, while a non-military ship (e.g. a destroyer or submarine) will not. Kaiboukan's position as a military ship caused the 860-ton Shimushu-class to have a higher position (and given a higher-ranked commander) than the 1400-ton destroyer Nenohi, thereby causing the incident.
- Kaiboukans' military ship titles were later removed in July 1942, and the Chrysanthemum badges on the bows of the Shimushu-class ships were also removed. As a result, the 1943 Etorofu-class, under the new definition of Kaiboukan, never received either the badge or the title.
- Participated in Operation Ke-gou (retreat from Kiska, the historical counterpart of stage 3-2) in 1943, as part of the resupply fleet. She escorted the tanker Nippon-maru. On 26 July, she collided with Abukuma due to poor visibility, causing minor damage to both ships.
- Ran aground in 1946 on repatriation duties, unfortunately dooming Kamikaze who had diverted to help her and also ran aground.
|Shimushu Class Coastal Defense Ships|
|Shimushu · Kunashiri|
|Hachijo · Ishigaki|