Mighty Wind Kai
|Coastal Defense Ship||Destroyer|
|Light Carrier||Standard Carrier|
|Armored Carrier||Seaplane Tender|
|Submarine||Aircraft Carrying Submarine|
|Submarine Tender||Fleet Oiler|
|Repair Ship||Amphibious Assault Ship|
The "Kyoufuu" is a seaplane that was specialized for dogfights and built by a renowned manufacturer whose pedigree of seaplanes extends even to the present day. The plane was highly anticipated as a successor to the Type 2 Seaplane Fighter for which it was supposed to be a stopgap due to troubles during development. While its performance couldn't live up to the expectations, the "Shiden Kai", which was developed with this plane as the base, saw a lot of action by, for example, providing air defense for the mainland. And now it makes an appearance as "Kyoufuu Kai", with a matured fuselage and all-around improvements!
February 2017 ranking reward.
Quest B95 offers this as a choice between two rewards, the other being the New Kanhon Design Anti-torpedo Bulge (Medium).
Characteristic of Seaplane FighterEdit
As a Seaplane Fighter, it:
- Will not enable Artillery Spotting by itself.
- Will provide additional 25 points fighter power at double chevron.
- Will not participate in Opening Air Stage bombing.
- Is immune to enemy Anti-Air fire.
- Can be equipped on Yamato Kai, Musashi Kai, Nagato Kai and Mutsu Kai in addition to ships that can equip Seaplane Bombers.
|Improvement Cost: 130 80 300||★||S||M||T||W||T||F||S||Helper Ship|
|Consumes: 1x Shiden Kai 2||0||10/12||6/8||✗|| |
Suzuya Kai Ni
- The Kyoufuu Seaplane fighter was developed by the Kawanishi Aircraft Company (川西航空機), known today as ShinMaywa Industries, Ltd. (新明和工業株式会社).
- The Kyoufuu Seaplane Fighter was designed and built by the same company that built the famous H6K and H8K flying boats, the E15K Shiun and other seaplanes, and the land based derivates of the N1K1 Kyoufuu: the N1K1-J Shiden, the N1K2-J Shiden Kai and the carrier-based prototype N1K3-A Shiden Kai 2. Other aircraft projects for the IJN include the K-200 turbojet-powered flying boat (concept) and the Baika pulsejet-powered Kamikaze aircraft (none built, however some Maru Ka10 prototype engines for it were developed).
- Some of the company's most famous postwar aircraft include PS-1 and the US-2.
- Kawanishi N1K (Wikipedia)
- Kawanishi N1K1 Kyofu (Mighty Wind) REX | Nationall Air and Space Museum
- ShinMaywa Industries, Ltd. Homepage (Japanese Site)
- ShinMaywa Industries, Ltd. Homepage (English Site)