|Seiyuu||Ogura Yui ( )||Availability||Drop|
|Artist||Kujou Ichiso ( )||Implemented on||2014-6-6|
Taigei Class Submarine Tender
|Evasion||24 ()||AA||16 (36)|
|12.7cm Twin High-angle Gun Mount||2|
|Bi Type 40mm Twin Autocannon Mount||3|
|- Unequipped -||3|
|- Locked -||-|
Ryuuhou Class Light Carrier
|Evasion||( )||AA||24 (48)|
|Level 25 ()||3|
|Type 0 Fighter Model 21||18|
|Type 97 Torpedo Bomber||7|
|- Unequipped -||6|
|- Locked -||-|
Ryuuhou Class Light Carrier
|Evasion||( )||AA||28 (62)|
|Type 0 Fighter Model 52||21|
|Type 97 Torpedo Bomber (931 Air Group)||9|
|12cm 30-tube Rocket Launcher||9|
|- Unequipped -||6|
|Introduction||こんにちわあ。潜水母艦大鯨です。不束者ですが、よろしくお願い致します。||Good day, I'm Submarine Tender Taigei. I may be inexperienced, but I am glad to be of service.|
|Ryuuhou||潜水母艦改装空母の、龍鳳です。航空母艦として、私、頑張ります！||Carrier Ryuuhou, remodeled from a Submarine Tender. I'll once again try my best as a carrier!|
|I'm Submarine Tender Taigei.|
I serve as flagship of submarine fleets in order to support operations through supplies and usage of scout planes.
I have also been designed as a carrier backup to be converted if it is needed. I'll do my best!
|Carrier Ryuuhou, remodeled from a Submarine Tender.|
My speed was not up to plan specifications as there were issues with changing the boilers, but I have an enhanced flight deck and armaments as this Light Carrier class.
Carrier Ryuuhou, giving it her all!
|Secretary 1||なんでしょうかあ？||What is iiittt?|
|Ryuuhou||はい、出撃ですか?||Yes, is it a sortie?|
|Secretary 2||潜水艦と編成ですか？お任せください！||Assigning me with submarines? Just leave it to me!|
|Ryuuhou||不幸…？運が悪い…？え、私が！？そんなこと無いです！||Unfortunate...? Bad luck? Eh, me?! That's just not true!|
|Ryuuhou Kai||えっ！？機動部隊の出撃ですか！？||Eh?! A sortie for the mobile squadron?|
|Secretary 3||えっと、この中ですか？玉ねぎや馬鈴薯…あと…補給用の魚雷とか…です…はい…||Um, you're asking me what's in here? Onions, potatoes... and torpedoes for supply use... yeah...|
|Ryuuhou||ドーリットル？何か、ちょっと苦手な響きの言葉ですね…何もしない…？何…？||Doolittle? Somehow, the word doesn't ring well with me... Don't do anything...? Huh...?||She was the only IJN vessel bombed during the Doolittle raid, which delayed her launch as CVL.|
|Ryuuhou Kai||もう！輸送艦や防空砲台じゃなくて、私、空母です、空母！||Geez! I'm not a transport, nor an anti-air cannon stand! I'm a carrier, a carrier you know!||Ryuuhou was left as a AAA stand in Kure till the end of war due to damages suffered.|
|Idle||て・い・と・く、提督！あ、あの…潜水艦作戦は……あっ、しばらくお休み…そ、そうですか…いえ、なんでもないんです…はい……||A-D-M-I-R-A-L~ Admiral! U-um... about the submarine operations... Ah, a short break... I-I see... No, it's nothing... mmhm...||Give the subs a rest from running 2-3, okay?|
|Ryuuhou||て・い・と・く？提督！あ、あの、空母機動部隊の出撃は？…あ…えっと…暫くお休み？…そ、そうですか…あ、はい…||A-D-M-I-R-A-L~ Admiral! Um... is Carrier Task Force deploying? Ah, a short break... I-I see, right...|
|Secretary Married||提督、お疲れではないですか？私、潜水母艦なので、居住性はちょっと自信あります。||Aren't you a little tired, admiral? As I am a Submarine Tender, I am quite confident in my livability.|
|Ryuuhou||提督、お疲れではないですか？私の飛行甲板で少しお休みになられますか？はい！||Aren't you tired, admiral? Want to take a quick nap on my flight deck? Please do!|
|Wedding||提督…こんな私を、生まれたままの姿で育ててくれて、本当にありがとうございます…いつも、はい、いつも、感謝しています。いつまでも、提督といっしょに…||Admiral... I thank you from the bottom of my heart for raising me in my default form. I will always, yes, always be thankful. I'll always be besides you...|
|Ryuuhou||提督、改装空母の私をここまで育ててくれて、本当にありがとうございます。いつも、いつも感謝しています。いつまでも、いつまでも提督の機動部隊に、私…！||Admiral... I thank you from the bottom of my heart for raising me as a remodeled carrier. I will always, yes, always be thankful. I'll always, always be part of the admiral's mobile squadron!|
|Looking At Scores||提督？状況把握ですね、大切ですね。||Admiral? I see you're grasping the situation. It sure is important.|
|Ryuuhou||提督、どんな状況ですか？ 大丈夫？||Admiral, what is the situation like? Is it okay?|
|Joining A Fleet||潜水艦隊旗艦、大鯨、出撃します！||Submarine Fleet flagship, Taigei, heading out!|
|Ryuuhou||はい！ 航空母艦「龍鳳」、抜錨します！||Okay! Carrier Ryuuhou, casting off!|
|Ryuuhou Kai||空母龍鳳の本当の力、お見せしたいと思います！||I'd like to show the true power of the Carrier Ryuuhou!|
|Equipment 1||まあ～！ありがとうございます！||Oh my! Thank you!|
|Ryuuhou||嬉しいです、ありがとうございます！||I'm so happy! Thank you!|
|Ryuuhou Kai||天山って、可愛いと思うんです、私。||I do think the Tenzan are adorable.|
|Equipment 2||ほんとに？ちょっと嬉しいかも。||My, really? I feel a little glad, I suppose.|
|Ryuuhou||これなら、敵艦載機に負けません！||With this, I won't lose to the enemy's planes!||The cause of Marianas Turkey Shoot were also attributed to pilot experience, training and tactics apart from equipment disparities.|
|Equipment 3||嬉しいかも。||I'm glad, I suppose.|
|Ryuuhou||やりましたね！||We did it!|
|⇧ shared with expedition selection, resource collection, instant repair and development|
|Supply||はい、ありがとうございます。||Yes, thank you.|
|Ryuuhou||艦載機の補充も、感謝いたします!||Thank you for replenishing my planes!||Nearly all of Ryuuhou's planes were lost in the Marianas Turkey Shoot.|
|Docking Minor||ごめんなさい、ちょっとお風呂に…。||Sorry, I'll be using the bath for a little while.|
|Ryuuhou||ちょっとお風呂入りますね。||I'll just be in the bath.|
|Docking Major||すみません、また少しお風呂に…うぅ、電気溶接だとダメなのかしら……。||Apologies, I'll be in the bath a little longer... Hmm, I guess electrical welding is no good...||Taigei's hull was warped during construction due to inexperience with arc welding, and she had to be returned to dry dock for repairs shortly after launching. She also had hull weld failures during the Fourth Fleet incident requiring even more repairs.|
|Ryuuhou||すみません。ちょっと、長いお風呂になるかも||Apologies. This may be a long bath.||No need to apologize when Ryuuhou's last bath didn't even start after the March 19 attack which made her irreparable to combat-fit status.|
|Docking Complete||良かったわぁ。修理完了みたいです。||Thank goodness, it seems like the reparation has been completed.|
|Ryuuhou||良かったぁ。修理完了みたい。||Thank goodness, it seems like the reparation has been completed.|
|Construction||まあ！新しいお仲間が来たみたいです。||Oh my! Seems like a new friend has joined us.|
|Ryuuhou||新しい仲間が来たみたい。||Seems like a new friend has come.|
|Returning From Sortie||無事帰ってきました。よかったあ。||The fleet has safely returned. What a relief.|
|Ryuuhou||今回も無事帰って来れました。よかったぁ。||We've returned safely this time too. Phew.|
|Ryuuhou Kai||無事に母港に戻って来れました。よかったぁ。||The fleet has returned safely. What a relief.|
|Starting A Sortie||潜水母艦、大鯨、抜錨しますね！||Submarine Tender, Taigei, cast off!|
|Ryuuhou||機動部隊、出撃です！ 勝つ気で参ります！||Task force, deploying. I'll go with determination to win!|
|Battle Start||敵艦発見！…ど…どうしましょう……！||Enemy fleet sighted! ...W-what should I do?|
|Ryuuhou||気持ちいい…第一攻撃隊、発艦！||This feels great... First assault squad, launch!|
|Air Battle (Ryuuhou)||七面鳥ですか？！ 誰が…私の…？ いいえ、精鋭たちです！侮らないで！||Turkey?! Are you saying I'm one? I'm sorry, but we're the elite. Don't underestimate us!||The IJN's greatly reduced naval air power led to the so-called 'Turkey Shoot' at the Marianas, where planes were shot down quite easily by the US fleet|
|Ryuuhou Kai||私達、改装空母をなめないで！||Don't make light of us remodeled carriers!|
|Attack||えっ！？えーっと…こ、攻撃！？||Eh?! Err... f-fire?!|
|Ryuuhou||続けていきます！ 龍鳳、攻撃隊、発艦！||There's more coming! Ryuuhou assault squadron, launch!||The 2 waves of planes Ryuuhou sent out were lost in the Marianas Turkey Shoot.|
|Ryuuhou Kai||艦載機があれば、私だって！||Even I can fight if I have planes!|
|⇧ shared with day/night special attacks, support expedition team arrival|
|Night Battle||この武装で艦隊戦は…無理かもー！||A fleet battle with these armaments... it might be impossible!|
|Ryuuhou||追撃に移行します。全艦、突撃！||Moving into the chase. All ships, launch assault!|
|Night Attack||当たって…当たってぇー！||Hit, please hit!|
|MVP||えっ…嘘…わ、わたし！？…あっ、ありがとうございます…が、頑張ります！||Eh... no way! M-me?! T-thank you so much... I'll keep giving it my all!|
|Ryuuhou||私の艦載機が活躍したの？ や、やったー！ これが空母の、龍鳳の力なんです！||My planes did great? H-hurray! This is the strength of the Carrier Ryuuhou!||Not the case in the Marianas Turkey Shoot unfortunately.|
|Minor Damage 1||きゃーっ！||Eek!|
|Minor Damage 2||やっ…やめてください！||P-please stop!|
|Ryuuhou||やだ！飛行甲板の格納庫が！！||Oh no, my flight deck hangar!||Ryuuhou's hangar was hit by TF58 aircrafts on March 19, 1945. The attack effectively put her out of combat and she was left sitting in Kure on AA duties till the end of the war.|
|Major Damage||ちょ…直撃！？もっ…もうやだぁ……排水を急いで！沈んじゃう…！||Wha- a direct hit?! N-no more... increase the rate of draining! I'm gonna sink...!|
|Ryuuhou||やられました…エレベーターが……でも、まだ大丈夫、沈みません！||They got me! The elevator has been... but don't worry, I'm not sinking!||Ryuuhou's elevators were so damaged on March 19 that the portion of flight deck between them bulged upwards.|
|Sunk||え…私、沈むの…？…これが…みずの…なか……||Eh... I'm... sinking? So this is what it's like... to be in the water...|
|Ryuuhou||空母として、沈むのね…今度は活躍、できた…かな？||Sinking as a carrier... did I manage to accomplish a lot this time...?|
Hourly Notifications (Ryuuhou)Edit
|00:00||ちょうど午前零時です。すっかり深夜ですね。お疲れじゃないですか？||It's midnight now. It sure has gotten late. Are you tired?|
|01:00||マルヒトマルマル。提督、深夜ですよ？||0100. Admiral, it's already late into the night, you know?|
|02:00||マルフタマルマル。提督、お休みにならなくていいのですか？||0200. Admiral, are you sure you don't need to rest?|
|03:00||マルサンマルマル。ふはぁ、私も少し眠くなってしまいました…だ、大丈夫！ふあぁ…||0300. Geez, I'm starting to feel a little sleepy, too... I-I'm fine! Yawn...|
|04:00||マルヨンマルマル。だ、大丈夫です！格納庫の天山数えて起きているので、大丈夫。||0400. D-don't worry! I've been keeping myself awake by counting the number of Tenzan in my hangar.|
|05:00||マルゴーマルマル。提督、朝です！お早いですね？まさか、徹夜でしょうか…||0500. It's morning, Admiral! You're up early... don't tell me you stayed up all night...|
|06:00||マルロクマルマル。朝ごはんは何がいいですか？流石に朝からカレーは重いですよね…||0600. What should we have for breakfast? I guess curry is a little too heavy for the morning...|
|07:00||マルナナマルマル。提督、朝ごはんはお味噌汁と卵焼き、鮭の切り身を焼いてみました。さぁ、召し上がれ！||0700. Admiral, I tried making miso soup with fried eggs along with fried salmon fillets for breakfast. Dig in!|
|08:00||マルハチマルマル。さぁ、今日も元気に頑張りましょう！ね？提督！？||0800. Now, let's get through the day with zeal! Right, admiral?|
|09:00||マルキュウマルマル。鎮守府のお掃除もしたいですね。私、掃き掃除しますね！||0900. I want to clean the base. I'm off to do some sweeping!|
|10:00||ヒトマルマルマル。けっこうホコリも溜まっていますね。提督も一緒に、はい、これ持って？||1000. There sure is dust gathered. Give me a hand, Admiral. Here, hold this.|
|11:00||ヒトヒトマルマル。お掃除すると、お腹がすきますね…お昼ご飯は何にしましょうか？||1100. Cleaning sure makes you hungry. What shall we have for lunch?|
|12:00||ヒトフタマルマル。今日のお昼ご飯は、大げぇ…じゃなかった、龍鳳特製カレーです！||1200. Lunch today is Taige--er, I mean, Ryuuhou's specialty curry!|
|13:00||ヒトサンマルマル。龍鳳特製カレー、いかがでしたか？馬鈴薯もおいしいでしょ？||1300. How was my specialty curry? The potato was good too, right?|
|14:00||ヒトヨンマルマル。提督、あのぉ、そろそろ本格的な機動部隊を…あ、まだ？…はいぃ…||1400. Um, Admiral, it's time for the mobile squadron to- ah, not yet? Okay...|
|15:00||ヒトゴーマルマル。提督、そろそろ本格的に、空母機動部隊が出撃ですよね？…ね！？||1500. Admiral, it's now time for the carrier squadron to sortie, right? Right?|
|16:00||ヒトロクマルマル。なんだか、夕焼け空が綺麗…もう夕方ですね。||1600. The seared sky sure is beautiful... it's already evening, huh.|
|17:00||ヒトナナマルマル。そろそろ、お夕食の準備をしないと。提督、何がいいでしょう？||1700. Have to prepare dinner soon. What would you like, Admiral?|
|18:00||ヒトハチマルマル。お昼はカレーですし、夜は少し凝ったものがいいでしょうか…||1800. Since we had curry for lunch, I guess we should have something more exquisite...|
|19:00||ヒトキュウマルマル。提督、今晩はフーカデンビーフにしてみました。どうでしょう？||1900. Admiral, I tried making Fricandeau Beef. How is it?||A type of beef mixed with egg and onion and cooked in a roughly oval/tube shape.|
|20:00||フタマルマルマル。フーカデンビーフ、いかがでしたか？…ふふ、良かったぁ！||2000. How was the Fricandeau Beef? Hehe... great to hear!|
|21:00||フタヒトマルマル。提督、洗い物片付けたら、明日の作戦の計画を立てましょう？||2100. Admiral, want to go draft up tomorrow's operation plans after we clean up?|
|22:00||フタフタマルマル。明日こそ、本格的な空母機動部隊による出撃を…ね、提督！？||2200. Tomorrow WILL be the day when the mobile squadron get to sortie... Right, Admiral?!|
|23:00||フタサンマルマル。提督、本日も一日、大変お疲れ様でした。明日も頑張りましょう？||2300. Admiral, this sure has been another tiring day. Shall we also do our best tomorrow?|
|New Year 2016||提督、あ、あの・・・潜水母艦、いいですよね？必要ですよね？ああ、よかった！はい、潜水艦たちのお世話はお任せ下さい！||Admiral... ah, um... submarine tenders sure are nice, aren't they? They're a necessity, right? Ah, thank goodness! Yes, leave the care of the submarines to me!||As Taigei|
|New Year 2016||提督、あ、あの・・・低速軽空母だって十分戦えますよね？ね？私、信じてます！||Admiral, ah, um... even as a slow light aircraft carrier, I'm still sufficient enough for battles, right? Right? I believe so!||As Ryuuhou|
|Setsubun 2017||節分なんですけど。。。潜水艦のこたちが。。。痛い！いやだ！いた！もういやだ！いややめて！もうこうさんだから。。。||It's Setsubun isn't it...Oh no there's those Submarine kids...Ow! Noooo! Ow! Please no more! Noo, stop it! I told you to stop that alreadyyy!||As Taigei|
See submarine lines
|Setsubun 2017||節分なんですけど。。。さすがに空母になった私には潜水艦子たちは。。。。痛い！え？どうして？いた！いたたたた！もう、もうやめて！どうして？もう！||It's Setsubun isn't it....Well naturally now that I've become a carrier I'll be safe from those Submarine ki-OW! Eh? Why me? Ow! Owowowowowow! Please, Please stop it! Why is it still me? Jeez!||As Ryuuhou|
- As Taigei, she is depicted as having pinkish-red eyes and has dark purple hair that reaches her shoulders tied in low twintails with hair flaps and an ahoge, she also has sizeable bust. On her neck, she wears a blue necklace known as a magatama. Her usual outfit consists of a white serafuku with blue accents with a red necktie and blue miniskirt with white accents to contrast the color of her necktie, along with wearing black pantyhose. She wears an apron with an image of a whale (as her name suggests) over her serafuku. Her rigging is placed on her back and she is seen carrying a bag of torpedoes and a bucket of food, due to her role as a submarine tender. An AA turret is seen on her left wrist. She wears sandals with small rudders acting as heels.
- Upon remodeling to Ryuuhou, she is typically seen wearing a muneate and black yugake (a type of glove, the type that Ryuuhou is seen wearing is a three-fingered glove, also known as mitsugake) on her right hand Despite her now wearing a pink kimono, she still wears her serafuku that she wore pre-remodel underneath it, albeit its collar and her matching dress now being pink with white accents. She also gains a whale-shaped hairpin and a white hairband. Like most of the carriers in the game, her combat gear now includes a bow and a quiver, with her flight deck located on her left shoulders. Her AA turret is now located beside her smokestack on her rigging.
- As Ryuuhou Kai, her serafuku's collar is now green with white accents, as is her matching dress; similarly, she now wears a green kimono, but retains her muneate. Her necktie is now tied in a different manner, and gains a gold radar-shaped hairpin, located on her left hair flap, but loses her magatama. Her flight deck is now larger and gains a green color along with a camouflage pattern, and gains an extra AA turret located on her right knee. Her hair flaps now gradually fade to a green color, as opposed to gradually fading to white as Ryuuhou and Taigei.
- As Taigei is a submarine tender, she is depicted as a motherly figure and given a very caring personality. Her motherly attitude is not just shown towards her admiral, but also includes submarines along with other ships on some occasions depending on the artist. In her hourly notification, Taigei can be considered to be a good cook. Due to her caring attitude, she has been nicknamed "Mama Whale" by fans, referring to her personality and name.
- As her lines suggest, Taigei has a tendency to speak in first person and speaks in a soft-spoken manner. Much like Yamato and Houshou she have quality being a "Yamato Nadeshiko"
- Upon remodeling, her personality doesn't change much, but she has shown the same caring attitude toward her airplanes.
- She is known to call her Admiral in a unique way: "A-D-M-I-R-A-L~ Admiral!" (て・い・と・く、提督！)
- Started as a Submarine Tender until December 1941, when conversion into a Light Aircraft Carrier began.
- Was the only major IJN vessel to be struck during the Doolittle Raid, which delayed her launch as a CVL.
- Last Aircraft Carrier to sail overseas from Japan.
- Ryuuhou's hair band bears resemblance to the Ensign of Japan Post (Japan's Postal service).
- Ryuuhou's Kai art is based on her real-life camouflage.
- "Taigei" means "big whale", thus the design on her Taigei form's dress and Ryuuhou form's hairpin. "Ryuuhou" means "dragon phoenix".
- She is one of 5 ships in-game that were released with a second remodel in the same update. The others are U-511 ,Gangut, Kasuga Maru & Luigi Torelli
Designed as a seagoing submarine tender, with floatplane facilities for scouting purposes, Taigei entered service in 1934. She was built with very high freeboard and shallow draught, which meant she was a very poor seaboat. Added to her extensively welded construction, which proved very defective, meant that she was a most unsatisfactory and unsuccessful ship.
In 1941, she was rebuilt and re-entered service as the light fleet carrier Ryuuhou. Her diesel engines were replaced with destroyer turbines in an attempt to give her higher speed, but due to displacement and dimension adjustments, she remained a very unsuccessful conversion of an already unsuccessful design. Her weak hull and poor internal sub-division severely limited her usefulness, resulting in little frontline service.
She was damaged in the Battle of the Philippine Sea and then severely damaged near Kure on 19 March 1945 by Task Force 58. She was considered a total loss and struck from the Navy List on November 30, 1945 with her scrapping occurring in 1946.
|Taigei Class Submarine Tenders|